How can this be? I only allowed DH to plant 3 squash plants this year. He thinks that if you don't have 40 rows of them you won't make a thing..well every year we have these things everywhere. I give them away, I freeze them I cook them and I feed them to my goats, chickens, and have even been known to throw them to the horses. They don't care for squash. One year the kids let them grow as big as they would grow, then used them as swords. Instead of pillow fights, they had were doing squash fights....would you call that...squashbuckling? Sorry I couldn't resist. It has been a long day, and it is only half over.
Anyway on behalf of my bountiful squash crop I am going to post a recipe. Yes that is right, most of you know how I feel about posting recipes, I don't like to. But I decided that I would share so here goes. And these are really good, I like them a lot.
Zucchini Patties
2 cups of shredded zucchini
1 cup of flour
1 cup of buttermilk, you can use plain milk
2 eggs
1 tbl. of chopped parsley
2 garlic cloves chopped
1 small onion, grated
salt and pepper to taste.
mix all together, and drop by spoonfulls into hot oil. Let them fry till a really golden brown, remove and let drain on paper towels.
I am thinking that a tad of green chili in these would give them some kick, but haven't tried it yet.
And yes normally I am against all forms of deep frying....but when you have mad squash lurking in your garden you do what you have to do.
Enjoy
God Bless and Happy Trails
Ranch Wife who is off to crack pecans for about 4 loaves of Zucchini bread.
7 comments:
Yuuuummmmm, I want some zucchini bread.
Oh those zucchini patties sound good! I go for all things fried right now. And I love zucchini bread, do you put chocolate chips in yours? YUM.
You get 5 gold stars for posting a recipe.
We know how tough it was for ya.
:P
Mmm...I had some zuchini bread just yesterday. I can still taste it! We're quite careful to only plant one or two as well, because we have so much you can't give them away!
We try not to fry much either, but squash fried in any fashion is lovely. Actually, just about anything fried is good, sad as the fact is.
Da dum tshh...the squashbuckling was very good.
Are you just thrilled for the Dallas trip this weekend??
Hi all, here I am 4 loaves of zucchini bread, 1 of WW banana nut bread and 12 bran muffins later. My kitchen is hot! But I have a good supply to freeze.
Jen I have you a bag of shredded squash in the freezer just waiting for you.
Leanna, no I don't put chocolate chops in. I do sometimes with the banana bread, I might give it a try. Oh yes I dearly love anything fried. I am especially fond of fried potatoes, could eat them daily. But alas when one is missing a gall bladder, fried foods are just not agreeable. I can get by every once in awhile..but can't push it. But oh my.....I do love the smell of sizzling grease.
Jen H.
Yes fried squash is a must. And that is the way I like it best. I do have a green chili cheese dish that is really really good. I might post it after I get over the stress of posting this recipe. Ha Ha
Yes I cannot wait till this weekend. This summer has actually flown by...but I have a feeling this will be a long week. It will be so good to have all my chicks where they are supposed to be, all present and accounted for. Will make for a restful nights sleep, I am sure of it.
Have a peaceful evening all.
~M~
Hello, RW. I usually just read your posts by feed, and am just now getting around to visiting your new-look blog. Very nice!
I'm gonna try your zucchini recipe. Sounds yummy. Around here, we have a saying "don't leave your car doors unlocked in the summer time. You'll come back to find your car full of zucchini."
The weeds overtook my garden with the massive amounts of rain BUT the zucchini just keeps growing and growing!
I chop it into small chunks, fry it in olive oil and then throw in the eggs and cheese - yummy omlet!
Blessings!
~P.
I'm jealous...my squash died...a long time ago. I LOVE zucchini and squash. It's nearly Un-American to not have it, love it and fry it!
Post a Comment