Did I mention that it has been a very quite weekend here on the ole ranchero? Well It has. And why is that you may ask. Well I will tell you, I have been here all alone since about 3:30am Thursday morning. Yep, my fellas are up in the beautiful mountains of southern Colorado. They are fishing, camping, sleeping, off roading...in my pretty little blue jeep,I threatened to break their knee caps if it came home with a dent, scratch, or anything else that it didn't leave with, and generally doing the"men in the wild" thing. You know eating onions, and not caring if your breath sticks. Not bathing and not caring if you stink. Finding a tree for the call of nature. That sorta of thing. I opted out. I made the ultimate sacrifice and stayed here, to hold down the fort. Yep...it has been a hard job...but somebody had to do it.
Lets see how have I kept busy. Well yesterday I did something constructive. I did mow. It was a have to kinda deal. I hate snakes, and I would hate to be bitten by one, and I simply could not see the path to the goat pen for all the weeds, so I mowed them down. Then one thing lead to another, and I mowed my yard. Then I was hot so I jumped into the pool and cooled off for......I have no idea, I got out when I got cold. Then I watched two really stupid movies, and went to bed. Hogging the whole thing. I had every intention to sleep till I didn't want to sleep anymore, and my eye's popped open at 6 something. Drats I say!
Today...hum...I have done a tad of laundry, washed a few dishes, messed with a quilt, just a little I was simply not in the mood. How can that be, that is all I whine about all the time...I have no time to quilt! And here I have been, and I have just not been in the mood. I have been in the mood to...float around in the pool, surf the WWW, and watch a very very depressing movie. It was good, and I recommend it, It was called, Beyond the Gates, and it was about the Rwanda Genocide. I know I know, a very strange movie to watch for "me" time entertainment. But It was a good movie and I think the story needs to be told...but it is very sad, very depressing, and hard to believe that the world stood by and did nothing to stop what happened. Well enough of that.
I did get to talk to DD IN HUNGARY, that is her new name AKA...DDIH. She was pert and cheerful and seemed to be having a high ole time. 3 weeks till she is back in the states!!!! I am doing the happy dance! Boy have we missed the ornery little thing.
My other DD and DSIL are doing the ranch rodeo thing...right about now as a matter of fact. John will be busting the bronco any minute.
You know I have discovered that my dogs are worse then small children, and I am tired of them. Ginger has just about drove me nutty. She wants in, she wants out, she wants in she wants out. Rambo, has been banished from the house. He and I had a wrestling match over Sara's slippers the other night. And one over a stuffed animal that he went and got off of Nathans bed. This dog is getting huge, and he is strong, and I didn't know there for a minute who would win, but I persevered, and kicked his hiney out. They have acted like spoiled brats all weekend. I will be glad when their 'Daddys' come home!
Well I think I will take a bath and watch another chick movie. I hardly know how to work the DVD player and the remote. I think I have watched more uninterrupted TV these past few days then I have in a year.
At that I will bid you all a good night! And now that it is almost time for my men to come home, I am doing the happy dance again. Yeah! Its been an interesting weekend, but I am ready to see my "wild men" coming down my road.
God Bless and Happy Trails
Ranch Wife
9 comments:
Well I can tell you that they are doing fine even if they are fishless. Hang in for another day. They will be headed home soon.
Joshua
Words cannot express how much I wished I could have been by your side yesterday..... floating in the pool, watching chickflicks, etc. The reunion I had looked forward to was....not what I expected. It was a collection of poor, lost souls, doing what lost souls do, and I was glad to see them LEAVE!! It was an eyeopener to be sure!! Glad your family is on their way!! Ross my be headed to Florida with Verlin so I may be in your shoes for a week. He'll find out today.
Isn't that how it always works? What you wish you had time for, you don't feel like doing when you finally have time. That's like me with scrapbooking--I LOVE it, but never have time for it. And I kinda never feel like doing it in my free time. :-)
I'm glad you were able to have "me" time, that the Sea Monkeys are nourished, and that I got to talk to you tonight. :-) Y'all have a blessed upcoming week!
Wow! Two whole days! I am enjoying two hours right now! I can give you some better Chic Flic material, though!
I don't know what I would do with 2 days of ME time...I would love to scrapbook, but I have feeling that some guilt would appear and make me clean house, do laundry, etc....or NOT! Always nice to have a breather, but so good to have them home again!
Sometimes we just need to be alone. The dogs and horse never let me get lonely, even if I wanted too.
Have you watched the Kite Runner? It's very thought provoking and sad but it's probably more true that we know. Also I got some from the Hallmark Channel as a gift - Loves Enduring Promise by Janette Oke. It's good - I thought at first it'd be cheesy but this one is very good and it's clean!
Hope you are enjoying the boys being home now!
What? No quilting?! That's all I did this weekend, but generally, when I have the time, I don't feel like doing the things I gripe about not having time to do. Ugh! That's an awful snetence!
Did the men come home with fishies in hand? Either way, I'm sure they had a fabulous time and are as glad to be back home as you are to have them home.
The entire Janette Oke series is really good. I think they have seven movies out now. I have watched all but the last one. Call me a sap, whatever. ;)q
Griff, we all like those movies, even DS. Of course he does make a few comments about them being corny. But All in all we enjoy them. The last one is very good. I liked it alot.
~M~
Post a Comment