Headed to the promised land...Texas! Yeah for Texas. Yeah that my DDIH ( dear daughter in Hungary) will be arriving in the promised land at 4:50 PM at DFW ! Yeah! Can you tell I am excited, I am doing the happy dance right now. ~Happy Dancing~. Yep it has been awhile since I have laid my eyes on this child of mine, June the 8th, to be exact, I waved her off, while standing in the driveway of my mothers house, eyes blinded by tears. And now the time has come for her to return from her summer of adventure. And boy are we excited, can you tell we are excited? DH has been so funny, he has been like a kid counting down for Christmas. All week he has looked at the calendar. Yesterday he looked at me and said, "just two more days, just two more days." It has been a longgggg week. I have done really well all summer, time has just flown by...but this has been the week that just has not wanted to end. But end it almost has....yeah!
In other news, looks like DH and I will be proud grandparents around March the 7th, give or take a few days. We are very excited for little Tadpole Jones to make his, or her appearance. Yeah for new grandbabies! And yes I did say Tadpole Jones. That is the name we, DS and I have decided to call baby. I cannot just call the baby an it. It has to have a name...so we have decided to call him/her Tadpole. The reason behind this is...DS, oldest DS was looking at his sisters blog, and saw her little floating baby thingie, and was grossed out. "Oh my gosh, I can't believe she put that on her blog, it looks like a tadpole." Thus the name Tadpole Jones. Now before you judge my oldest to harshly, he is excited to be an uncle. He loves babies always has, I would imagine he and his little wife, one day when he has a wife, will have at least 10. But for now he would just as soon not see all the inner workings. He is funny like that. What is it about men anyway. Both he and DH do some really gross stuff with cattle, doctoring nasty things, sewing up nasty things, just general nastiness, but get all weak kneed about childbirth and babies shown in the womb. How weird is that?
Anyway we are all just as happy as a pig in the mud about this new little one on the way. I am having a hard time though...I don't know what to be called. DH is easy..he is Pappy. My daddy was Pappy, and since he has passed on we need another Pappy. It has all been agreed that DH will carry the Pappy mantel onward. He told me the other day that he just didn't know if he could live up to the name. I told him of course he could, he will be a great Pappy. Now what about me? I will not be Mammy, which is what DH suggested. Not gona happen. But you do have to give this much thought. This is the name you will become known by for the rest of your life, and beyond. My daddy has his real name...Jerry Beck on his headstone, and underneath we put Pappy....so my point is this name will follow me to the grave. I call my grandmother on my mama's side Grandma Ryan, My daddy's mother was my Mamaw...so I was thinking Mamaw...but Cottonpicker has claimed that name for her own....but she might not mind sharing....And then I thought Nanny, cause we called Mamaw that at times...when we were very small, I don't know why...but I don't know if I am feeling, Nanny. So I just don't know. I am in a quandary. I would not mind being, Granny, but that is what my Mom is. She wanted to be....Nana, or Grandy...or you have to say this very cultured, and stuck up sounding...GrandddddMotherrrrrr. Well I just was not going to have that. So I stuck Grannie on her and she has been Grannie ever since. Well enough of that. I am sure I will figure something out.
well that is just about all I have left to say. I need to clean DD room, wash her sheets and such. Youngest DS has taken up residence in there all summer and I am sure she would appreciate coming home to a clean room that does not smell of little boy and dogs. In that order.
Have a great weekend all
God Bless And a Happy trail it will be to Texas!
Ranch Wife
11 comments:
How about....
Grossmutter (german)
Ya-ya (Greek)
Nonna (Italian)
Abuela
Babushka (Russian)
Mamo (Irish)
HeeHee. :)
I vote for Grossmutter, being that I AM German and all. HAHA, just kidding. I like babushka the best.
Oooohkay, in reality I like Nana the best, but my MIL has that one taken as of 11 years ago, so my Mom is going for Mimi. Whatever floats her grandmotherly heart is fine with me!
Prayin' ya'll have a safe trip!
Wishing you safe journey to pick up your young'un! I'm sure she's as excited about coming home as you are to have her back!
Ya know, 70 MPH is going to feel like 55 MPH when you drive there to get that girl of yours! We'll be praying for rapid time travel and safety!
Happy Day, Happy Day! I couldn't wait to get mine home from a week of summer camp!
Prayers for a safe and speedy trip! I know there will be much celebration when your little gosling finally gets back home. I know that DD is chomping at the bit to see her - I'll hold her back until y'all get your time in with her.
Maybe we should just put all of these name choices in a big hat and draw one. Since my family hails from across the ocean, I had an Omi and an Oma.Babushka...LOL!
Sorry, but when I hear "Nanny" I think of a goat......just a thought....No, I certainly will not mind sharing the coveted name of "Mamaw". But even I know that when my sweet Karli starts addressing me, my name will change to whatever she calls me and that will be OKAY! Be careful coming home.
Oh ranch wife, I hate to tell you this, but my little grandson wouldn't call me anything and we kept offering him grandmother names. Finally, one day, he called me "Peggy Sue". Now that is not even my name. But he liked it, it stuck and now the little one also calls me that! It has grown on me! So you really never know what they will call you. But, I've never had more fun in my whole life! So God's blessings to you!
Maybe Tadpole will wanna call you "Froggy" or Swampma or something like that! I think you are a Mammy - Mammy Blackwell!
Well I think all of your for your timely comments, and advice in the Naming the grandma contest. All except Countrygirl that is just awful!!! Shame on you. I know that you have been by the ocean and have had to much sun to even suggest such names.....so I will forgive you.
~M~
Okie dokie, the blog police say it's time for a new post! :)
I know . . . I have no room to talk, but do you think you can take a week off just because that precious daughter is back from half-way around the world!
Post a Comment