Anyway we made it back from Texas with DD in tow. Let me tell you it was a trip! I forget from time to time just how many folks can live in one place, and drive so many cars, on so much highway. We were glad to see the lights of the metroplex in our rear view mirror.
I think I have been having sympathy jet-lag? I wonder if that is possible? I have felt like I walked all the way home from Texas. Whew, I have been wiped out all week. But I have found time to do this....THE QUILT THAT DOES NOT WANT TO BE FINISHED.....Is almost finished! Yeah I said almost. I just have to finish sewing the blocks together, sandwich the whole thing, batting, backing etc. Quilt it. Sew on the binding and then......YES it will be done. Considering I have been working on this thing off and on since April I will be glad to see it on the bed. Here is a picture, I have been laying it out on the table trying to get a handle on how it is all gona work out.

Anyway, I really like it. I determined I would not buy a yard of anything, just use up a lot of scraps, and that is what I did. I think I will border it in a black print...I think..I will have to see how it will look after I get the top all together. I am going to use a wool batting, and possibly back it in flannel, or possibly not, that may make it way to heavy for me to quilt on my machine.
This project has taken over my life. My house is a wreck. My garden looks like a jungle, and my yard needs attention badly. But...oh well. When the creative juices are flowing you just have to go with it. :)
Today will be busy. This is payday, glory hallelujah! Time to head to the village and restock. Buying groceries depresses me. Seems like every time we go, every two weeks, things have gotten higher. Is there no end? But I am thankful, I was thinking of all the things that I don't have to buy like;
Milk, provided for us by Betty the cow.
Veggies provided for us by our garden.
Beef, provided for us from the steer that DH hauled into town yesterday.
Eggs...this fall hopefully, my new pullets are growing like weeds.
Flour, I have a freezer full of wonderful wheat, that I grind with my handy dandy electric grinder.
Of course all of the above is really provided for us from the Lord. Give us this day our daily bread. And He does. I want to give credit where credit is due.
Then after grocery shopping, we will have Cowboy Church. That is always a good time of fellowship. Then home. It makes for a long day. But we only have to do it every other week. So I reckon I will live.
Well I better get around. DD and I need to straighten up this pig pen. I really need to mop my floors, and at least do a couple of loads of laundry. And cook dinner, and cook something to take to our fellowship tonight, and get the water going on my yard......and......whatever else falls in my path today.
Have a great weekend everybody.
God Bless and Happy Trails
Ranch Wife
8 comments:
Good to hear you and your family made it home safely. I really enjoyed keeping up with her travels on her blog. What an opportunity she had and was able to take, Praise the Lord! Your quilt looks awesome...I agree, when creativity is at its peak...leave everything else behind and roll with it! Have a great time shopping and cowboy church. I agree I would rather do a lot of things than shop...but...thank God I'm able, and have the funds to do what needs to be done. Have a nice weekend.
Oh, that quilt is fabulous! I have got to get on the ball and finish the one I'm working on. I got off track somehow and I still have a few blocks to piece. Looking at your wonderful creation might be just the inspiration I need. I wonder if Caitlin will mind cleaning the house tomorrow while I sew...
The quilt is gorgeous! Good job! Glad you are all home now. Hope you had a great Cowboy Church tonite, sure wish we could be there with ya'll.
Your quilt is like my stark white walls . . . will we ever get it done! It is beautiful by the way! I got a wild hair and started painting again! We'll see what pictures I can drum up!
Glad your baby is home and happy!
From my pig pen to yours . . .Blessings!
P.
Phew, just when I was beginning to think we'd lost you forever to Lucy and chocolate- you resurface with tell tell bits of chocolate on your face and a bow in your hair!
Or something like that.
We're just glad it wasn't permanent! :-D
I love your quilt. I would love to be taught how to do that again. I once knew how........maybe someday. I understand about the shopping. It's something I dread but how awesome that you have all that home grown food. Sounds like a dream!!
You know, I don't like cities either. Bisbee was... an experience. I have been seeing a lot of stuff on TV about Tokyo. It is just way too big. Cities are so claustrophobic for me. Really. There is no place for me to blast a bunny or get stuck in the mud. It scares me. Welcome back!
Joshua
New Post! New Post! New Post! New Post!
Post a Comment