When I clicked on my blog and found a new layout! Have I been hacked? No....this just shows me that DD#1 is bored at work. She has my password and all the info she needs to come and do as she pleases with my blog. Which is OK cause I don't have the know how, or the inclination to do it myself. Thank you DD#1...but I am not just real sure I am feeling this new look, but it might grow on me, or if you are super bored you can swap it out for something less.....oh I don't know...formal.
I finally made it to quilting today. Haven't been all summer..but today was the day. Yeah! Our block of the month is the Magic Vine. I love it because it has all these really pretty flower blocks. I haven't started mine yet...I am 3 behind..but I do plan on catching up, might even work on one this afternoon.
In other news...there is no news. Which I guess is good. Better no news then bad news. The garden is producing quit well. I am pretty pleased. I just wish the tomatoes would quit fooling around and make something. I planted some heirloom tomatoes that take forever to make, but when they decide to they are worth the wait. I just don't want to wait forever.
I am on a quest for a milk goat. I have had various milk goats in the past. Ask DD#1, she was the main milk maid for quite a few years. She even won a first place at the county fair one year, she and Lilly. But I have been out of the milk goat business for a few years now, but I am hankering to get back in. DH is going to leave the cow wet till December, and then it will be having to pay an arm and a leg for a gallon of milk again...and I hate that. And with little Tadpole Jones on the way..you never know when you might need a good bait of fresh goats milk. Now I know that Tadpole's mama is going to handle that end of the deal...but it never hurts to be prepared. Goat milk is good for growing babies. And goat milk ice cream is very good for growing out of your clothes, :) :).
Well this was just a senseless random post,and now that I have said Howdy Doody to you all I am going to go and make a flower for my new project. And no I have not finished my other project...I need to make a trip to the city, Amarillo, or Lubbock to be exact to purchase a nice piece of backing material.
God Bless and Happy Trails
Ranch Wife
4 comments:
Is this an invite for another road trip????!!!! I am oh so ready for another adventure!!!! And since you and dirt scrapper behaved so well......well dirt scrapper did anyway.....anytime you're ready... My tomatoes were attacted by the mean, hateful blister bugs. Me and my bug killer were on it quick fast and in a hurry. My whole yard is crawling with blister bugs. What's up with that? Anyway, I'm still on the prowl for a milk goat. I think I found an Alpine but I'm going to have to talk to the dairyman who owns said goat and see if he'll be sad to let her go. You'll have to hunt up a billy but I'm sure you can handle that. My phone is still out and I'm in need of some female conversation.... can you tell? I'll let you go.
I like this one thank you.
~M~
I like the new layout. That hacker daughter of yours, I tell ya what. :P
I so want a milk goat, but I'm afraid our crack head neighbor would get mad and make me take it away.
So I'm considering investing in a 10 ft stockade fence all the way around our house. You can't get any privacy in a darn neighborhood unless you fence yourself in. :P
So please, get a milk goat and milk it with me in mind. I lurv goat milk. I do not lurv paying 6 bucks a gallon for it locally...
Best wishes on the goat hunting! You could send me some of those zucchini's - mine did not make the drought. But....man of man 6 of my cherry tomatoes did and they are going crazy!
Post a Comment