Friday, August 15, 2008

Yippe for mini-vacations!

Yep I am sitting here awaiting my prince to drive, rattle, and shake up to the house in a cloud of dust via his ford chariot. And then.....we are off. Off for a mini-vacation in the huge city, for us it is a huge city of Amarillo! Yippe! We don't get to do this very often, and who cares if the mini-vacation includes a trip to the leather store so that DH can purchase a few items in the leather area. Who cares that we have to drive for around 5ish hours. Who cares that we stay in my moms 2nd home, and there is very little furniture in it. Who cares that it isn't a cruise, or a trip to the mountains. I sure don't cause I just am feeling as blessed as a pig in the mud just to get away for a couple of days.

And with that I think I will go and finish packing.

Farewell till next week.

God Bless and Happy trails
Ranch Wife

10 comments:

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

Sounds like fun to me! Have a safe and FUN trip!

Pat - Arkansas said...

It's the little things in life that make it worth while. Have a great mini-vacation.

LeAnna said...

Have fun!!!

cottonpicker said...

You know.....Amarillo is the weinie dog capitol of the world!!
Not that I would know anything about that. Due try to stay out of the donut shop...and Circuit City!

Countrygirl said...

Ya'll enjoy yourselves! Remember when we would go to The Golden Corral and eat in Amarillo? We miss ya'! Praying for great things this weekend! God loves you and so do we!

cottonpicker said...

Hay Ranchwife!! Have you seen DirtScrapper lately?? She's gonna have to stand twice to cast a shadow before too long!! I think she's lovin life a bit too much at the of her dirt road and not spending enough time in the kithen!! Anyhoo, she wants to run off again sometime this fall..... make a quilting list or hmmmmm....maybe a baby quilting list.

Paula said...

I got to get to Amarillo since it's the weinie dog capital! I didn't know . . . How have I missed this all these years!

Hope you had fun!

Sara said...

Weinie dog capitol hum.......I didn't see a single weinie dog! I passed by the dounut shop, and did not set foot in Circuit City! I just knew that they would remember cottonpicker, and I would be escorted from the building! Matter of fact I wore my dark shades all weekend...just in case. :)

~M~

Countrygirl said...

Hey, don't have much time so I'm checking in here. Dad got out of surgery at 11:30 and into his room finally around 1am. Long night! Will check in later, please keep him in prayer for pain.
Thanks

Joshua said...

Wow, you have too many blogging buddies. I am still the only male to venture into this corner of the net though. Hope the mini-vacation went well. My life is a mini-vacation. I just got back from Arizona. A very interesting vacation which included a mini-cave and a mini-truck that doesn't like to run, and Germans. Anywho. Talk to you later. I will have to stop by and take a dip in the pool before it gets too cold again.

Joshua