Anyway, as I was doing all my cleaning and de-junking I decided to clean the top of the icebox. Now I am about 5 one and a half, if I stand up straight and really stretch out my neck. So I don't worry to much about it...cause I can't see it. But every so often I remember that it does need to be cleaned. So I get my chair and my bucket of soapy water and go to town. It would seem that this time though it was worse then it has been in a while. Oh my..there was so much dirt that I could have planted a small garden. Which a nice little indoor herb garden would be really cute and smell good, and a nice touch don't you think? But maybe not so much on the top of my icebox. But I couldn't have gotten it done anyway because of all the junk. Was it my junk? I think not. It was not in any shape form or fashion my junk. It was DH's junk, and DS's junk, and possibly someone named, " I didn't do that", Or Mr. " I don't know."
Here is a sample of what I found .......
In this bucket there are:
2 tubes of horse wormer
one broken bridle rein
1 bottle of Dex.
1 syringe with needle, of the large animal variety
various screws
drill bit
there were about 4 flashlights with no batteries, but I just displayed one.
A rasp
various nails
Strange? And the sad fact is that it is just a few of the strange things I have found in this house. And....I have an even stranger thing sitting up on top of my clean icebox it is this.....Bet you will never guess what this is.....
If you guessed a horses hoof, and I know that you all did...well you would be right. Yes it is gross, and no I did not put it there. Smallest DS came into the house a few days ago, and told me that I would never guess what Daddy had brought home. Well I asked, and he said a horse's hoof. Me thinking I had misunderstood, just stood there. I guess I had a dumb look on my face, because he said again, a horse's hoof, you know that came off of a horse. Oh well thanks for explaining that to me. Then here comes DH, and he is indeed carrying a horses hoof. The hoof of a colt, and just in case you are wondering, it has been dead for some time, so no nasty stinkyness. I hope that brings you as much comfort as it has brought me. He was so proud and just couldn't wait to show me his find. I asked him what in the world was he doing bringing that thing home. And his reply was..." well I thought it would be good for the kids school, show them how a horses hoof works." Can I, a sorta of homeschooling mother throw a fit about that? I think not. So for the moment I have it sitting in a place of distinction, right on top of the fridge.
God Bless and Happy Trails
Ranch Wife
10 comments:
Just to share in your adventure - I checked out my ice box and found:
1 chair spindle
1 old banana phone
2 belts - one for spanking, one for hiding because the K's fight over it . . .AND enough dirt for a small herb garden!
You are not alone with exception to the horse hoof - gross!
Blessing~
P.
It is so encouraging to know that I am not alone.
Here is a challenge, everybody post, don't hold back and be honest. What is on the top of your ice box?
~M~
Partial box of Polar Ice gum, box containing only one 40 watt light bulb, basket of paper napkins, package of coffee-flavored candies, 3 pencils (can't write with 2 of them - no lead, lazy susan holding: (all dusty)bottle of balsamic vinegar, bottle of olive oil, spray can of air freshener, decorative bottle of olive oil with herbs, bottle of vanilla flavored syrup for coffee, lots of cat hair (ugggh)from three cats, enough dust to plant potatoes. :)
OK... who's moved the horse's hoof??
A ceramic rooster with a wooden egg :/, an empty egg carton, a "Beef Stick" (Best if used by: July 5, 2008, two thermoses, a cover for our broken ice maker, and a igloo ice pack. Not too much dirt. When I read about your DH bringing home the hoof I immediately went to the thoughts of our back yard. We have hounds. Hounds produce... hound pups. We have four at the time. They bring up a mess of stuff that we have never seen before. Stuff such as dead frogs, twine, hoofs, pieces of wood, plastic bowls, and so on. It is kind of sad because if I clean it up, it is all back within the next two days. This is the door that everyone enters through too. So... it is a lost cause since I am the only one that attempts to keep after the puppy mess. Anyway...
Joshua
I had to slightly gag at the horse hoof. I'm glad the poor beast was dead...woulda been gruesome to know you had a three hooved equine roaming the vast wilderness. My fridge sits in hole with cabinets above it so I refrain from putting things on top of the fridge. Instead, I put them in the cabinets and shut the door. Muah haha.
Seein' how everyone is listening and naming and claiming their fridgafrator finds, I'll cave into peer pressure... I have a food dehydrator, lunch box, vase, and box of cds in the cabinet above mine fridgafrator. And no one can see them unless they climb on a stool and open the cabinets. I think it's a good thing, as Martha would say. :P
Well now,........let's see - I have a bread basket that has 2 packs of hot dog buns, 1/2 loaf of wheat bread, 1 loaf of potato bread, two cans of generic ravioli (put there by ds - I do not buy it or eat it); and a box of Milkbone dog biscuits. I have to keep mine dejunked because with all the 6foot plusers in my family - they have no problem letting me know what's up there!!
Thought I would let you know I just finished listening to about half of your play list, and ended on Milk Cow Blues.
My life is now complete.
I ain't had no butter or cream...
Okay, here we go.....that would be one ceramic rooster, an antique apple pealer, fall pumpkin with matching fall leaves, four egg cartons and a wooden box full of old recipes......no horse hoof.
that was fun I think i will participate:
bread basket
highlighters
empty cd case
pack of bubble gum tape
suckers
lansinoh breastfeeding cream-unopened(I am no longer nursing I forget what I put up there)
old pictures
newspaper ads
old air freshener
broken wall hanging
I also am short and forget that when tall people come over they can see the top of my shelves and the top of my fridge
Thank all of you for you joining in in the "Whats on top of your fridge" post....All of you will get a 100 dollar bill.....in monopoly money! Ha, had you fooled didn't I ? Although if the financial crisis continues that may be all our money is worth. Just kidding J. don't get in a panic.
Have a great day
~M~
Post a Comment