Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A few of My Favorite Things......

That Christmas song has been going around and around in my head the last few days so I decided in light of the Christmas season I would post about a few of my favorite things....Christmas wise anyway. So here we go...

1. My favorite thing is...Jesus, I just love how the Lord made us privy to His birth. It is an awesome truth in the Bible that always has a wonder in the telling of it.

2. Christmas pageants at church were you have a rowdy group of kids dressed up as shepherds, Mary and Joseph, angels and barn yard animals. It is not Christmas to me unless I get to sit through a Christmas play. Love them!

3. Christmas movies...I love " The Little Drummer Boy", and the Waltons Christmas story.

4. I am not a fan of shopping.....but I do love to give gifts that are meaningful to people.

5. Christmas cookies....my favorite are gingerbread men....but I will eat anything, never met a cookie I didn't like. :)

6. The smell of the Christmas tree, mingled in with a little wood smoke and the smell of baking.

7.The excitement of the kids on Christmas Eve...even the older ones are still excitable!

8. Going out and looking at the stars on Christmas Eve and trying to imagine what the star over the manger looked like.

9. Fellowshiping with good friends and family

10. Having all the kids safe, well and happy here at home on Christmas day.

God Bless and Happy Trails
Ranchwife

8 comments:

Joshua said...

+1 :) I think I might just drop by tomorrow to see if you and Buck still live in the same place. It has been too long. Or if you got blown away by our wind today. I would have to say that the firewood is a very pleasing smell for Christmas.

Joshua

Countrygirl said...

And you, dear friend, are a blessing to me!

The W.O.W. factor! said...

Great list of favorites! I too, love the Waltons Christmas.
And we will be blessed with #10 this year and we could not be more joyful!
Have a wonderful Holiday Season!

Paula said...

Sugar cookies with cream cheese icing, pretty much any kind of Christmas music, cinnamon scented pine cones.

I was the Angel in my Christmas pageant when I was 8. I still remember my line and it has been an important verse to me - HARK! Behold I bring you good tidings of great joy! For on this day, in the City of David, a Savior is born! He will be for ALL people and his name is CHRIST the Lord!

Blessings~
P.

cottonpicker said...

3 John 1:4
That's all I want for Christmas.

Ranch wife said...

Amen Cottonpicker...I have that unlined in my Bible.

LeAnna said...

Every time I hear the line "A few of my favorite things..." I see whatsherface dancing through the Alps and tearing down curtains to make clothes for the Vontrapp children. I do love the Sound of Music. I do love Chreesmus too, though I'm somewhat of a scrooge this year in the decoration department.

One of my favorite Christmas time things is the early evening when it's just dark enough to turn the lights on the tree, and the way they glow and how it just warms up the room. Combine that with freshly vacuumed carpet and good smelling candles (oh and no dishes in the sink) and I'm a happy camper....:P

Gumbo Lily said...

When our kids grow up and start leaving, one of my favorite things is when everyone can be home too.

I liked your list.
Jody