Thursday, December 4, 2008

I have to confess....

I have been in somewhat of a snit today. Is that even a real word? Well if it is it is and if is isn't it isn't. But I have been and I don't entirely know the reason why. It has just been one of those days when everything I have tried to do has ended in a big mess.

I started out trying to get DS out of bed. No simple task to be sure. The kid never wants to go to bed...but when he finally does and goes to sleep he does not want to get up. And lets not even talk about school. Finally I drug him out of bed, he is dressed and ready for the day..but at the mention of school he is flying out the door, wagging a package of crackers, travel cup of water and a weiner dog, flagging his dear ole dad down, and the next thing I know they are gone in a cloud of dust down the road. But I had the last laugh, I flagged DH down as well and I pitched in a couple of school books. HA, got ya you rascal!

Then DD comes in...she has already spent hours on her school work, slaving away. OK not really. I lied to make myself feel better. I think she got through Biology. She had a funny look on her face, was dirty and bleeding. Now don't worry it was just a scratch..really. Her brother bought two broncs back in the fall. He is working full time for a fella that runs yearlings....needless to say, by the time he is through in the evening it has been to dark to ride these ponies so he brought one home a couple weeks back. DD has taken it upon herself to ride said pony, and has done a pretty dandy job so far. But today....ah today, Moe showed his ornery side and left her flat on her back in the dirt. Might have had something to do with the fact that it was only 27 degrees when she was out schooling him. And the fact that he hasn't even had 30 saddles could be a factor as well. Of course my " Oh My word my baby is wounded"mother emotions got all primed. I assured myself that she was indeed alright. Just very wounded pride more than anything. I asked her if she got back on him, and she just looked at me with this look that only this child can give, and said..."well yes". You haft to say that kind of huffy like. Apparently she made him mind and behave the second time around. She never has been one to take any gruff from an equine.

Then I decided that I would start on my mom's Christmas gifts. Four aprons one for every season....shhhhh don't tell her. I had one almost cut out and made a horrific discovery. I didn't buy enough of the fall material for her fall apron. Well heck. Then I started on the Cowboy print one....not enough there either. What is the deal was I in a coma when I bought this stuff? Who knows I can't remember.

Then dinner lets talk about dinner. Or better yet lets not. I tried something new and it wasn't a hit....with me. DS loved it, DH was just glad to have a meal..but I am in a mood where I am hungry for something and I have no idea what. I have consoled myself with Frito's this afternoon. Well Rambo and I . He loves fritos. He loves cheese. He loves biscuits. Lets face it he loves anything that does not resemble dog food. And yes I had him in the house. It was cold today and he gets chilled very easily. And so what if he isn't a for real lap dog. And yes I love this dog, and I spoil him. And I shouldn't..but when he looks at me with those brown eyes and opens that massive mouth and does his little moaning sound at me I just lost all control. Oh My Word I am becoming my mother! She is a.......well a......DOG person! I need intervention....soon!

The rest of the day I just did laundry and cleaned my living room. And put up Christmas decorations. And worried and fooled with this computer. About every 10 minutes it goes off line, waits for about 30 minutes and comes back on. I have done all the tech has said to do..and I think it is their problem..but they are in denial. I may deny that I should pay the bill if this keeps up.

Well I feel much better. See how blogging is therapy? Of course it helped just a little when DH came in and asked me out on a date..well 15 miles to our local Italian restaurant owned by a Hispanic man...who is a mean Italian cook. We will split a plate of.....hum don't know yet, go by and get the mail and come home. Be in bed by 9ish and start again tomorrow.

God Bless and Happy Trails
Ranch Wife

8 comments:

LeAnna said...

LOL!!!! When I read the part about you letting Rambo in because "He get's chilled" I immediately pictured your Mom and her hound dog all cuddled up together, eating fritos by the fire. Is there any hope for you????
:P You crack me up. Here's to hoping tomorrow is more pleasant! ;)

Countrygirl said...

Enjoy your dinner that someone else fixed, and enjoy your time with dh. Go out to supper. Have a good evening, and just think - all those cold days that Rambo is inside - he'd protect your from anything! Of course, I'm the dog person too, heck, I'd have a whole slew of them and horses - if it weren't for dh.

Paula said...

Oh my! How I can relate! My sweet, mild mannered DD was riding her horse at 10:00am this morning - it was about, oh 40 degrees and windy here - and for the love of Pete could not figure out why "Mighty" was all fire and cutting right in on the first barrel, ears pinned back, etc.! I'm not sure who was more "snorty" by the time I got out there!

Enjoy that date! They are rare and priceless! Now I don't care what nationality you are if you can cook good Italian!

I think a weiner dog is about all I can take!

Blessings~
P.

Ranch Wife said...

Sounds like you need an intervention of the YeeHaw kind! But until then, I hope your romantic interlude over a good meal that did not include you cleaning up a kitchen made up for such an unsettling day. Days like that just wear me plumb out. There oughta be a law against them.

cottonpicker said...

Is the "snit" bug going around?? I think I got me a case of it. I'm not sure, but I think it's caused by being overwhelmed by Christmas pressures piled on top of our regular chores. I think a date with your husband is the only cure...and maybe some chocolate.

Paula said...

I'm back and I never thought of my ranting and raving as being a "snit" but now that you say it that way, I feel kinda bad . . . like I've been a naughty girl! Guess I need a date, too . . . and can you send some of that YeeHaw this way!?

Anonymous said...

Why are you making Granny aprons????

Anonymous said...

Oh my. So far I have avoided the "snit". Yes it is a real word, but only women know that and can use it. Men try to use it, but it just makes a woman mad and if he is smart, he never makes that mistake again. Never. I bites WAY TOO HARD for 'im!
I think somewhere along the line dogs and kids have the same genetic code that give them both that "look" in their eyes that makes you just want to baby the socks off them, whether they like it or not. I was gonna bring Big D a birthday cake to his office, but Trapper Dude said he'd never live it down. SERIOUSLY? But a momma made birthday cake? No, say it owuldn't be so...
I didn't do it. Made me sad...made Trapper Dude relieved! Probably BigD too!

By the way, I know I have two half sisters out there somewhere and I am really convinced you and me are related? Who else could think EXACTLY like me?
That oughta scare our hubbys to know end!!!!