Hello....Hello....Here I am, I have not escaped to the ends of the earth. Although it might be nice to go on a small vacation....not gona happen this time of year. As my son and husband say..Beef gotta eat. Loosely translated...it is feeding time here on the ole ranchero and that means everyday. Pour out cake pellets, and pour out some more. Everyday. This is a 7 day a week job, 365 days of the year. Might I say..the pay does not reflect that. But heck what is money? Apparently if you run out you can just print more..isn't that what the government does?
Not gona get on a rant today. Nope I am not. The sun is shining and the birds are tweeting. At the moment everything is covered with frost and it looks so pretty like a winter wonderland. And it is Friday! Homeschooling mothers adore Friday's. I get pretty excited about them. And breath a sigh on relief that both I and DS are both still alive and kicking. On Wednesday's you just never know which one will remain standing by the time Friday rolls around. But I am happy to report that we have both come through the week alive and well. Unless you count that nervous twitch that I seem to have developed......
Valentines day. The day of love. Ahhhh it is almost here. I have no idea what we will do..if anything. You see I have learned over the years to not make a big deal about planning for this day. Why? Because my husband is a rotten hard hearted unromantic creature that cleans his teeth with his toenails? NO! Never in a million years. He is sweet and thoughtful and somewhat romantic..when he thinks about it. It is because of the 7 day's a week, 365 days of the year work schedule. More times then none he has been shoulder deep in the uterus of a heifer trying to birth a reluctant calf. Many a time we have tried to plan a nice evening and bam those silly heifers decide to do their business and he spends the evening being a cow midwife while I hold the flashlight. This year there are no heifers. None. They all went to live in the mountains and somebody else will spend Valentines evening pulling a calf. But.......as usual something else has reared it's ugly head. They have been shipping steers...all week. Possibly into the weekend...possibly not. So we shall see. Being as it is on Sunday we will go to Church and then who knows. We might do something wild and crazy..like take a nap.
So what are ya'lls plans? Care to share?
God Bless and Happy Trails
RanchWife
12 comments:
I too have learned not to expect or plan anything much for Valentines. Only beef don't gotta eat so much here - it's more like buildings don't build themselves. However, we are planning on taking some steers to the stockyard Sunday afternoon for the Monday sale. It's either feed them or sell them, and quite frankly money coming in sounds much better than money going out... So, I'll make us a good pork rib lunch and Hubby specifically asked for his favorite cheesy potatoes. I think I can handle that.
Hope ya'll get to take a nap, that sounds like a perfect V-Day!
Well lets see, we have javelina hunters in right now, so no telling what the plans will be, if they get killed out today or tommorow then we'll start planning something, maybe a yummy something for supper and desert, and then just relaxe that evening together, ha... with the boys too!! ;)
Yep, ranching is a full time job!! But it's a way of life and a good'n too!! :)
Hope ya'll have a great Valentines day together!!!!
Well, my day will consist of going to church with my MIL while my hubby heads to a roping. But Saturday night we are headed out on a date to celebrate Valentine's Day and his birthday which is the day after. We are going kidless!
Have a great weekend!
Blessings~
P.
Ho ho ho ha ha ha...Rachel, who are ya kill'n down yonder the javelina's or the hunters?????? Just giving you a hard time. I know what you mean...I think.
Teamroper welcome. Going kidless is always a blessing. Have fun.
Leanna....you will learn as a young mama that even a trip to the sale barn is exciting when it means some time alone with hubby. Take what you can get and run with it!
~M~
Yes ma'am, they're suppose to kill the javelinas, now if they shoot each other, which I guess could happen, not a good deal, but they are bow hunters, so I reckon anythings possible!! LOL LOL!!! :)
Your too funny!
We never have big plans for VDay. It's just another day for us. Probably chores, church and a good summer...maybe a nap?
:)
We're into lambing but calving will start the first week of March. One thing leads to another, doesn't it? No plans here either. Our son and his wife went to a church Valentine's dinner and so we've got the grandgirl tonight. I might try to get my heart-shaped sugar cookies baked, but beyond that, we all know how much we love one another!
A nap sounds delicious!
jody
Hahaha...you are a hoot!
I got your comments....send me your email to beecontentcottage@live.com so I can send you the blog invite when I get it done and the doc said my ekg was good, gave me the meds IN CASE I need them and I have a followup appt. next Friday. Two days with no palpitations....so maybe it was just an oddity? But Kaiser? Oh, no, please. say I don;t have to go again! I think I read about this sort of stuff in
The Book of the Revelation"....something about numbers on their foreheads?????
By the way Ranch Wife, happy birthday! I heard you got younger a week ago today. How young are you now? 28?
Joshua
I bought Katie a bouquet of flowers and a chocolate bath set, got candy for the boys and gave Karli a spanking....not really! She scored the most of course and I fixed a huge lunch after we gathered wheat pasture calves and hauled them home. I love Valentines Day - not for the stuff, but for the feeling of love of family floating around.
Ranchwife - I'm teamroper - I have so many stinking loggins that I logged in under the wrong one. But I feel blessed to be welcomed again!
Blessings~
P.
Just stopping by for a visit. It's after Valentine's Day now....we stayed home and I made sea scallops and crablegs for my Valentines. :) Hope you can visit me at my farm soon. :)
Post a Comment