Well here we are. Made it back just fine and dandy. Weird crazy weather. By the time we got to Amarillo it was just bone chilling cold, and some drippy stuff was falling but no ice. And by the them we got back to NM the sun was shining. Amazing what a difference of 300 miles makes. 300 miles....my back feels like it was more like 3000. I hate getting old. I don't mind the age thing...just don't want to feel it.
Seems like the weather has followed us home. This morning it is bone chilling cold, cloudy with a chance for snow tonight and tomorrow. Must not complain, must not complain, must not complain....Moisture is a blessing and all that we have had has to mean a beautiful spring. It just has to.
DH is off feeding his cows and checking water. I am going to put a stew on for dinner and supper. DS is getting ready for a day of stuffing knowledge into his brain. Hopefully we can muddle through direct objects without too much agony.
I am going to order Tadpole's birthday present. Then I am going to quilt. All day. Quilt and watch Wuthering Heights. And maybe Emma. Have I ever mentioned that I love Netflix? I love them. Your movies come to your mailbox...which in my case is 15 miles away..but that is better then the movie store which is 50. And you can pick your movies on-line and they have hundreds and hundreds. And lots of family friendly fare. I love Netflix.
And...I may order a new camera! I have been shopping and reading reviews and stopped my Best Buy on the way home just so I could see and hold before I bought. I refuse to buy it from them because I can get it 50 dollars cheaper from Amazon and no sales tax and free shipping.
I have wavered back and forth from a Canon power shot and the lower entry level Nikon SLR. But ya know..I am just not into reading manuals. And I want something pretty simple and I don't want to have to buy extra lenses and such. Now if I can just make myself order it. I have a hard time spending that much money on something so very very frivolous. But my DH already told me that I was NOT going to buy groceries with my birthday money so....what is a gal to do? Being as I am a submissive wife and all......
God Bless and Happy Trails
RanchWife
12 comments:
Glad y'all made it in safe!
Enjoy your online shopping spree!!
So fun! We were in Amarillo on Friday and it was calling for a foot of snow on Tuesday. Yuck. Glad you got home safe!
Good ya'll are home. I bet DD#2 was glad mighty glad to see ya'll. :-)
Shelby
Glad you made it home safe and sound :)
ORDER THE CAMERA
ORDER THE CAMERA
ORDER THE CAMERA
how can we here in blogland be expected to particiapte in your joys of spoilin' Tadpole without great photos?????
Hmmmm???
How am I going to learn all the smart "give the grandchild a sugar fix and hand them back to mom and dad" moves you have perfected without picture proof that they actually work??
I NEED VISUALS HERE LADY!!!
September will be here before you know it and I need to have a game plan for the grandbaby!!!
Well????
DID YA ORDER IT YET?!?!?!?!?!?!
Glad you made it home, glad you're getting moisture! Get the camera you think you want. My dh bought me the canon for Christmas and I love it. I need some more lenses - or shall I say, I would like!
Which Wuthering Heights are you watching? I watched the one on PBS awhile back - it was fairly good. Have a great day!
Ok Ok Tina I get the message, and grandmother pointers are free around here. I bet you can't wait. It is fun fun fun.
Countrygirl..I think you have the same kind S. has. She loves hers as well. And I like it a lot. But here is the but..I just can't afford the lenses, and I really want the zoom one and it runs around 200...And I just don't have the patience that she has with all the manual stuff. She will go in and just spend time tinkering with it and gets amazing pictures. I on the other hand love to take pictures but I love simple. So therefore I will more then likely go with the Canon Supershot, or powershot what ever it is called. It has a 20'x lenses and it is just under a SLR...I think they are considered a hybrid or something like that. More then a point and shoot..but not a SLR.
Well I have rambled enough.
~M~
So glad you made it home safely...wondered about ya'll.
Can't Wait to hear/see which camera makes its appearance with you! Keep us posted. I hope you had a great day of quilting and just being home.
I keep reminding myself that I will NOT complain about all the rain, snow, sleet etc we have had...it will make for a wonderful spring. But...I am quite SICK of cold. I feel better now...thanks for letting me vent! lol
I love Netflix too and my lil Canon.
Sounds like you have a nice day planned....quilting and movies. Love it!
Jody
Countrygirl.....the Wuthering Heights we watched was not the PBS one..I don't know what version it was, I think it was made in the 90's. It was OK pretty dark I thought. Not the most uplifting of stories. I read it years ago, but didn't remember much of it.
~M~
Okey Dokey....new camera = most excellent pictures on your NEXT blog...no pressure! :))))
Hello, I just stumbled by, love your blog.
We love netflix too, we are in the same situation with the mail being far away and we don't have cable or local channels so it's great.
Welcome Cricket...thanks for the visit I hope you come back soon.
~M~
Post a Comment