Tuesday, February 9, 2010

It is early and I am cold.

Yawn...DH's alarm went off this morning at 3:30 am. Need I say more. I was laying there in blissful slumber and then noise...noise that just seemed to go on and on. I hate that. Not only does he have his clock on his side of the bed....he sets the one on my side as well. So there is this horrible noise that just seems to come from every corner of the room. He is paranoid about over sleeping.He has two big fears...one that he will over sleep when they are working cattle and won't show up at his designated place to be..and two that his horse will escape from the corral in the night. Thus he is paranoid about knowing if the gate is shut and latched. The kids learned from an early age to leave the gates alone. Actually this did happen on time..the horse getting out in the night...we had one that learned to open the gate, and he did and he left and when DH went out to saddle there was no horse. It was not pretty. Can't even go there to tell the story. It was that traumatic.

It is cold.Hate to complain about it cause as my DH say's.."when it gets hot you will complain about that." He is right. I am shamed to say that I dislike the cold, and I dislike the hot. I wish it would stay at an even 65 degrees. Whine whine..nobody likes a whiner so I will stop.

In other news there is none. Just kind of poking along through the winter..have I mentioned that I am cold?

Is it just me or does this time of the year tend to wear on the nerves? This is my least favorite time of the year. Just seems to drag on forever. And I think that it is cruel that all the gardening catalogs come right now. I mean that here we are tired of winter, wanting to get our hands in the dirt and plant and we can't. But they are fun to look at and dream and plan out all the things that I want to do if it ever gets to be spring.

Valentines day..it is almost here. That is a fun day. We don't go all out, but DH and I try to do something fun. I dislike going to trying to eat out because of the crowds. We have been know to go the evening before if we go. There has been many a time that DH has had to pull a calf and we didn't go anywhere. Never used to fail. He would not have an ounce of trouble for days up until Valentines then it seemed that they all wanted to calve at the same time and the calves would be coming every which a way. I don't anticipate that problem this year as he has no heifers to calve out.

I do know that I am fed up with commercialism. This has been building for the last several years and it has come to a head this year. I am just tired of it all. I was in Wallie last night and they had 2 rows of valentines junk. Yes I said junk because that is what it is. Junk, Chinese junk. I am not a holiday hater, my kids think I am. I am not. I love holidays. What I hate is all the hoo ha that goes with them. You are Christmased to death before it even gets here.

No comments: