I told DH just the other day that the cowboys creed is God first, Cows second, and then everything else...including wives, (not really, DH would never put a cow over me his dearest wife), but there have been times.......
I have spent many birthdays and Valentines days, My birthday is this month, with him shoulder deep in the uterus of a heifer. How many times we planned a nice Valentines date and bam...he had to go do his cow midwife duties. Cows...it is all about cows.
But ya know, you just have to go with it. I learned long ago that pitching a fit was stupid, useless and very childish and in no way will change circumstances that you have no control over. When you are married to a cowboy your first clue as to how your life will play out is the word "cow" in cowboy. Think deeply about that.
I am not complaining. No I am not. Yes it can be exasperating at times. But most generally it is all good.
So this week has been filled with the needs of cows. Those poor needy cows. My poor DH has tended to those needy things all week long. I doubt he even will get a thank-moo. Get it.....OK that was just pure corn. Sorry.
It is cold. We are not used to it being this cold. It was 8 below at my house this morning at 6 am. Burrrr. And what does cold weather like this mean for cowboys? It means this
A cowboys nightmare...cutting ice...day after day after day.......
And all for those poor needy cows. It makes me so mad when people that know nothing, criticize farmers and ranchers and others in the ag industry. Saying how cruel the animals are treated. Who in the pictures above does it look like is receiving cruel treatment? Hummmmm Not the cows that are just standing there doing nothing to help themselves...but take a gander at the poor cowboy. That ice is thick. And it is heavy. And he has lots of those tubs spread out over a very large area. It is an all day job. Bless his heart.
Jack Frost left icicle's on her nose....
Mission accomplished.
Going on the third day here. But the sun is shining. Thank the Good Lord. It is cold, but the sun makes it feel so much better. We are off to Lubbock here in a couple of hours. DD#2 Is making her way to Hungary for Bible college...oh my, the day is finally here. She flies out at 4 this afternoon and will arrive in Budapest at 2pm tomorrow. If yall feel lead say a prayer for safe travels Pappy and I would appreciate it a lot.
God Bless and Happy trails
RanchWife
5 comments:
Praying for you and DH as well, safe travels to and from the airport...
We are having the same weather as you...you just got it first!
Take care...hugs to you as you send your girl over the big pond.
Les
You win the crown for being a champion cowboy wife. I did not venture out to help break ice. Bad wife. Hopefully the pan of homemade cinnamon rolls this morning redeemed me. Safe travel prayers for all of y'all.
Hello, Just happened across your blog this week and definately agree that livestock are very needy animals, with never a thank you from them. Our plans are always made around chores and if we ever try to do something special, something always goes wrong. But we wouldn't have it any other way.
I love this post! DH takes a lot better care of his cows than he does me....well, part of the time. He knows I cook his biscuits, but the cows buy the supplies!
I grew up breaking ice, so no it doesn't do much good to throw a fit.
Aw, you're pretty hard on those old girls. Maybe because I'm lucky and get to see first hand but I've seen them do lots of unselfish things. They tend each other's young'uns and have to mother some rowdy kids without any hands. Their job is to raise up, for the beneifit of mankind, half their own body weight every year. If they don't it cost them their lives. It a tough job with a lot at stake. And I for one know all mothers need some help raising their kids.
They aren't as dumb as some folks think either, just slow thinkers that need time and if you give it to them and they know you're trying to help they really would rather not run you down. I have a lot of respect for those mothers.
Sorry, just an old cowgirl sticking up for the cows that can't do it for themselves. But you're right, it's all about the cows.
Post a Comment