With a little of this..

My new toy that my Dear Mother got me for my birthday. She wants one. She wants me to give it a trial run before she buys...works for me.
My two cents is... it's pretty cool deivce. Will it replace a real book? No. Never. Will I do all my reading on it? No, Never. I love the feel of a book, the smell of a book and just having a book to look at on my shelf....shelves, lots of books in this house. But....it has been fun, it has been cool and I have enjoyed playing around with it. Although I was just a tad freaked out when it came out of the box with my name in it. How did they do that?
What is nice is this..I can download a book in under a minute onto the thing. When you live out as far as I do that is pretty amazing. And I can find many books that I can't find here. We have a limted supply. Our local Christian book store has more decor then books. Most of the time if you go in for a specific book it isn't there, but they can order it for you. Well I can order it myself now and have it in a minute. We have a Hastings...but again the selection is not that great.
If it is a book I truely love, I want to own it. Have it where I can put my hands on it. But for general reading I think this will be fun.
My DH laughs at me cause I love gadgets. But I can't work any of them...the kindle by the way was easy...even I got it done. He told me the other day that I wanted to live like Little House on the Prarie...but be wired. I told him he was correct.
God Bless and Happy Trails
RanchWife
6 comments:
...and have indoor plumbing! Ha! You came over to the dark side! I'm surprised how much I am enjoying it. Downloaded Francine Rivers and Carl Rove yesterday. Here's to keeping warm and wired while the winter storms wail.
I'll have to play with it when I come home!
Sorry I haven't caught yall on skype today, it has been a busy one! I had two classes this morning, then we had to leave right away to get our residence permits, were gone most of the afternoon, had supper lunch lady duties, church, whatnot. This weekend will be pretty slow I think, so hopefully then!
You look comfy to me sitting in front of that fire with woollies on your feet.
Jody
My library card is one of the most important things I have. I looooove books. I remember reading Farenhiet 459 (temperature at which paper burns) for school, when I was a teen, and they talked about bad guys trying to get rid of all books by burning them (I was horrified) and how some folks memorized whole books and then taught them to younger folks so the books wouldn't be lost. I have my own little library; much to my husband's chagrin, when we move he hates carrying all those boxes. This kindle thing looks kind of fun but I think you're right a book is a book.
I like to check in here on your blog and I'm so glad I did today! I've wondered about those kindles and it's nice to hear your perspective. ;-) Thanks for sharing!
Welcome Chelsea! Thanks for stopping by!
~M~
Post a Comment