I love anything by Corrie Ten Boom. I have read most of her books but somehow this one got by me. I found it on Amazon and DD#2 gifted it to me for Christmas this year.I love how Corrie writes, so easy to follow it seems like you are having a conversation with her. The Lord blessed her with such insight and wisdom and even though she has passed away to be with her Savior and her books were written years ago they are still relevant to this day and time.
I am for the most part extremely disappointed with what is offered as "Christian" reading these days. If is isn't anything but pure fluff then it is heresy. A wise lady once told be that if it is on the so called "best seller" list it is better left alone.
We have to be careful what we put into our minds and the written word is very powerful. It can be good seeds that are sown are just a whole bunch of weeds. As a farmers daughter I really hate weeds. If you let weeds take over in a field they will eventually choke out the good crop. And weeds don't need much encouragement to grow either. You have to water, fertlize and any number of things to make a good crop, a healthy crop. But weeds? Nope they pretty much take care of themselves, nasty things weeds are. Stay away from weeds.
Not only do "weeds" spring up in books, but movies ,television and music are all full of weeds. Bad seed in....bad seed out.
You won't find any weeds in this book just good seeds that will grow and nourish your soul.
7 comments:
I haven't read any Corrie Ten Boom for years and years... but what I did read a long time ago made a huge impression on me.
I recently read "The Hand of God" by Alistair Begg. I enjoyed that book SO much, it really spoke to my heart.
i agree...those pesky weeds hide in the most well hidden areas!
can't wait to check this book out, THANKS! :)
You know that technology we were fussing about earlier? Well, I punched a button and woosh...I now have some fabulous reading material on my Kindle. Thanks for the recommendation! Always looking for something good to read that isn't full of weeds - not always easy to find. That friend told me the same thing and I treasure the books she's shared with me.
Thanks for the book recommend RW. Cindy got me a book last Christmas and I will recommend this one. It is by C.H.Spurgeon and is entitled Morning and Evening. No fluff this one, but very faith building and God glorifying. Two reads per day for one year. I enjoy your blog, Thanks for sharing.
Naomi, I really like listening to him on the radio but have not read his book. Need to get that one.
Hi Mountain Mama..Happy to meet you and welcome and yes I do belong to Jen.
John..I love that devotional. I have had it for years and it is a keeper for sure.
~M~
Welcome back Ranchwife...have enjoyed catching up on all your activities! Congratulations on all your endeavors from grandaughters to cool books! By the way, I need to return the two books I borrowed the other day!! Talk to you soon!
Great post!! Love your analogy with the weeds...totally get what you are saying {as a farmers daughter and farmers wife!!} ;) I love Corrie Ten Boom...have not read this book yet. I will have to get it.
Post a Comment