The last several weeks have been an aggravation....one after another. After getting my computer back from the computer hospital I discovered that it was up to its old tricks yet again. I emailed the computer hospital just like the paper said to do and I waited. And waited. And am still waiting to hear from the computer hospital.
Finally I got tired of waiting and had DD#2 just wipe the darn thing..after I backed up important items of course, and wipe she did. So now I have a new/old computer that seems to be working other then the fact that it refuses to connect to the router. Makes me crazy.
Phones. We did not have a house phone for over two weeks. Finally DH called as asked if they had forgotten that we were out of a phone. They showed up the next day and called me from outside the house. " Oh well we see it is working." I said yes for this moment in time it works. The next day there was so much static you could not hear, we called, they called back..." Oh well the phone seems to be working". Yes for the moment. Still static as of today.
Cell phones. Service man has been out here 3 times. He steps in my house and declares while looking at his phone that we don't have much service in the house......well. Actually we don't have much service unless you stand in the yard and point to the north hold you breath and count backwards. He agreed that there was a problem. Said he would get on it. Waiting..........
My new printer eats paper. It is a paper eater and I don't have a clue what to do. I feed it one paper at a time. DD#2 said we, meaning her dad and I really just didn't need to have technology. I agree.
Happy 4th of July folks!
God Bless and Happy Trails
RanchWife
3 comments:
i'm with ya...i really love technology but i just don't get along with it all the time!
just found your blog from a friend's..very cute!!
mounain mama
http://mountainmamablog.blogspot.com
That's the trouble with living in the boonies. Technology isn't the same out here as in town. I call our internet and land line phone "country internet/phone service" because it's mostly unreliable. We don't get cell service AT. ALL. We have to drive two miles up the road and point our arms to the south like an antenna to get 2 bars. I totally understand. But don't quit trying! I like reading your blog.
Jody
I'm with you! As soon as the monsoon arrives let's just start sending smoke signals. Too scared to start a fire until then. Just leave me with my electricity so I can sew unless you have an extra treadle hanging around.
Post a Comment