I am making dresses and shirts for DS's up and coming nuptials. So what does one do when they have that much sewing to do? They head to the quilt shop!
Little Shortcake getting all buckled in for the trip. Can you see the excitement on her face! She brought her Mama along for the ride. Off we went zooming toward a little bit of heaven on earth.
I love this shop. The gals that work there are so friendly and it has such a welcoming atmosphere. But...and there is a but. Laws a mercy the prices have gone up! I heard fabric was going to make jump due to the price of cotton but my goodness. I just felt like bawling.
After I got over sticker shock..I mean it is bad when you are searching for $8.50 bolts of fabric as most are $ 10.99, that's a yard people! Anyway we found most of what came for and the best part is that Shortcake made her first trip to the quilt shop at 3 weeks of age! Now if that isn't a future quilter in the making I don't know what is!
Is that just the most precious thing you have ever seen?
After a strawberry bomb smoothie and a coconut pina colada smoothie thing from the coffee shop next door we headed back west. I dropped the girls off at their vehicle and proceeded on my way home.
We had a big fire here on the ranch about two weeks ago. It burned up 7 sections of pasture. Thank heavens they got the cows out in time and didn't lose any. It jumped the highway and burned on both sides.
This is what they use for winter pasture. They bring the weaned calves up here and this is home for a number of months. The grass is native buffalo grass and grama they are strong grasses and will grow out calves really well. Hoping the monsoon rains come soon. Praying hard the rains come, it is a sad situation.
Anyway enough sadness for a while. Since my computer was sick I didn't get the chance to share the things I made for Shortcake.
Cowgirl diaper bag.
Smiling flower quilt.
And for those messy meal time slobbers.....
Knitted bibs. I had a blast doing these. I like to knit, I am not very good and I am pretty sure that we will not being wearing knitted mohair sweaters this winter, or next, or ever. But these little projects are fun. They are made out of cotton yarn, just like you would make your dishcloths and I am anxious to see how they hold up. I have the book "Mason Dixon Knitting" and the instructions were in there. I love that book. It is a hoot to read and they have some really neat things that even a beginner such as myself can make. And if I can do it anybody can.
I need to make some cookies for Cowboy Fellowship tonight and I am not getting them done sitting here so ta ta for now.
God Bless and Happy Trails
RanchWife
11 comments:
Sounds like fun was had!
Love the bag, quilt and all!! :)
AHHHH! Your projects for shortcake are so cute! I love them. Definitely a quilter in the making there. :-)
Ei-yi-yi! I didn't know the cost of fabric was going up... argh! But, the cost of everything else is going up, so it makes sense that fabric would too, right? Ugh.
You are so talented! I love that diaper bag! The quilt and bibs are fantastic too. Why don't you have an Etsy shop?!
Praying for rain, we need some over here too.
Love that baby :)
Cute stuff - still waiting for my quilt from you - I'm sure you said you were making me one!!!! Ha! Love the diaper bag.
LOVE your creations for Shortcake. I think she looks alot like Tadpole in these pictures. Glad yall got out for a roadtrip. My Ainslee was born on 6/23 and she had her first day of shopping in Corpus yesterday at 2 weeks old. Prayers for rain for your neck of the "woods" and ours too!
Cuutteee stuff you made!! So sad to hear about the fire, glad everyone and every cow was safe!
Lucky lil Shortcake is going to learn all the ins and outs of the quilt shop! She's sweet.
I'm really sorry to hear about your pastures. Ugh. I do hope you get those rains so they can begin to green up once again.
Love the goodies for your grandgirl and the knitted bibs -- so cute!
Looking forward to wedding pics soon.
WOW--that was a big fire. So sorry to hear this....but so thankful they got the cows out. Any rain in the forecast?
LOVE the cowgirl diaper bag...that is TOO cute! :) Hope you can stop by my farm and say hi!! :)
You are very talented with your hands!! I like those knitted bibs.
Little Shortcake is adorable.
You are such a good Mamaw....she's a lucky girl! Cute stuff!
We've had the fires, and the drought too. Luckily, we've stock-piled some hay so we don't have to sell any.....yet.
It's YOUR fault! I'm not a knitter, but I love the bibs. We have a slobber-kid at our house and these would be wonderful to have! **hanging head*...I ordered the book!
Post a Comment