Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Well here we are.......

It is hard to believe that today our country will elect its new commander and chief. It seems like this campaign has gone on forever....but today is the day. For better and I pray not for worse.

DH and I went to the McCain rally in Roswell last night. Being as we are a swing state he has been hitting us on the southern end pretty hard. This state is like two separate states. You know the northern end will go Democrat....and you know the southern end will go Republican. There are way more folks in the Northern end...but a lot of people that have never voted before have voted down here in the south end of the state. And NM did carry President Bush....barely in the last election..so we are sending up prayers that McCain will carry the state.



I liked this picture. There are many things wrong in this country...but I am still proud to be an American.



Praying for this....

Joe made quite a name for himself





I have to admit...I was not a huge McCain fan at the first. But...I have changed my views. I think he is a man that truly loves this country. I still do not agree with everything he stands for. But I think he is sincere and I think he really wants to do what is best for this nation. No I do not think that he will 'save' this nation and make everything right that is wrong. No man can do that. The Lord is our only hope as a nation and as a people. We must place our trust in Him and Him alone. But as a Christian I believe that it is my duty to prayerfully cast my vote. And to pray for those in authority over us.

I don't know how this day will end. But God does. And no matter what the outcome of this day. He still will be God and He will still be on His throne.

I leave you with Psalm 33 vs.12

Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord, The people He has chosen as His own inheritance.

and

Psalm 33 vs. 22
Let Your mercy, O Lord, be upon us, Just as we hope in You.

God Bless and Happy Trails

Ranch Wife

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You got some good pictures! GO MCCAIN! :)

LeAnna said...

You did get some good pic's! The Lord reigns, no matter what. We've got a promise of Victory for eternity.

Countrygirl said...

Great pictures! Great message. I love the one with the flag as well. If you haven't read John McCain's book or seen the movie of it - Faith of our Father's - it's worth getting. He is truly a patriot, and this nation was founded as..."one nation under God!"

Paula said...

I agree - I am not sold on everything he stands for - but I love his VP!

The One True God will reign regardless of our president!