Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

Just wanted to tell you all Happy Thanksgiving a day early. I have my oven heating at this moment and in the next several hours I will be a whirlwind of baking activity. That is if DH gets back from the run to the grocery store that I sent him on. I forgot to get shortening yesterday for pie crusts. How could I do that? I have no idea, can the excuse of 3 birthdays in the last two weeks have anything to do with it? Yes 3 birthdays. Youngest son turned 10, oldest son turned 19 and tomorrow my DH will turn 45. Whew....

What I am thankful for......

First and foremost Jesus Christ....that He died for me and for the whole world, and that our lives are in His hands.

My family....I have been blessed way more that I have ever and could deserve. I have a great family, and I love them very much.

All the Lord has provided for us. A cozy house, ample food, a good job, and the blessing of being a stay at home wife and mother.

Thankful for His protection.....DD hit a huge deer last night on her way home from work....but thankfully she wasn't hurt, had some damage on the pickup...but that isn't anything compared to her being hurt. And for flat tires...her little pickup had a flat so she took the big Chevy...If she had been in the little one the deer most likely would have some through the windshield. Thank you Lord. Wouldn't you like to be able to "see" sometimes..all the times He keeps us safe. I bet we would be amazed!

I am also thankful for all of you. We may never meet face to face in this world....but how fun will getting to know each other in heaven be! You all are a blessing to me.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

God Bless and Happy Trails
RanchWife

8 comments:

Paula said...

There is so much that goes on around us in the spiritual realm that we have no idea about! God's mighty angels are always busy at work for His people! Thank you, Lord that your DD was not hurt.

I am also thankful that one day, the Lord prompted me to click a link! Wow! What friends I've met!

Gumbo Lily said...

Happy Thanksgiving Ranch Wife! Just so you don't feel badly, I waited until yesterday (Tues) to buy a turkey and there were NONE in my little local store. I did dash to another and found one.

Jody

The Wife said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

DH and I have the same birthday! Pretty cool!

I'm waiting to get off work so I can head home and start the baking!

Have a great one!

The W.O.W. factor! said...

It's definetly a time for Thankfulness.
And I wish you and your family a wonderful Thanksgiving!
(I was born on TG...so birthdays, like your DH don't occur too frequently so hope he gets a special treat too!)

Countrygirl said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Hope that ya'll have a wonderful time. We are expecing snow showers tonite or tomorrow - shouldn't amount to much! Give our love to everyone - give each other a big hug for us, especially the birthday boy!
May the good Lord bless and keep you all!

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

Happy THanksgiving to you to.
Praise the Lord for his protection over your daughter. I agree with Paula...if we knew everything that was going on in the spiritual realm...we'd be so busy Thankin the Good Lord.....we should be anyway! Oh so grateful for the friends I've made in the last 10 months via the blog world. What a Blessing! Happy Bday to all your guys!

little apple tally said...

What marvelous wisdom and insight you have! Yes, be thankful for that flat tire!

This Thanksgiving and the time leading up to it have been a trial and test for me, yet as I say that I realize how it hasn't been more than I can bear. It is so marvelous how that works out. That He only gives allows us to experience as much as we can handlee. That He gives us the strength to handle that which we must.
My extended family and I have been together, dealing with present needs which include remembering the past but moving forward. We are facing dispersing with my mother's belongings. Nevermind that she has been gone to Him for over 5 years. Does that tell you how slowly we deal with things?
Its made for a bitterweet vacation. One that gives much to be thankful for.
Yes, thank you, Jesus, for your grace and forgiveness, and for needed strength!
Hope your Thanksgiving continued to be wonderful!

Farmchick said...

Hi-I am just out blog hopping and found my way to you. I am a farmer's daughter too and now a farmer's wife. (could not imagine not being a farmer) I really enjoyed reading through your blog. I hope you will stop in and visit me sometime.
Happy belated Thanksgiving to you and yours!!!