Hi, all I just had to share...As of yesterday the last stitch was stitched on DH's graduation quilt. Yeah!!!!! I am pleased with the way it turned out. I didn't do just a whole lot of quilting on it. I stitched in the ditch down all the seams and then I just tied it. I have never tied a big quilt before...but I think it made it look very old fashioned, which is good as the Bear claw pattern is very old and traditional. I did quilt the borders in squiggly lines.
Here is a picture

Now the baby quilting begins. I know that my little grand-tadpole is of the boy variety. I have been holding of on the quilting till we knew what we were getting...but now that I know...there is nothing to hold me back!
Hope you all are having a restful Sabbath day.
God Bless and Happy Trails
Ranchwife
13 comments:
That quilt is beautiful! How exciting to have it finished. What a gift you have of sewing and quilting. GOOD JOB and thanks for sharing your treasure with us!!!
LOOOOVVVEEE IT!
It's beautiful! I haven't done a quilt in a few years...makes me want to plan one for a winter project!
Oh my - what a gorgeous quilt! You have outdone yourself! I love it and can't wait to see what fun things you make for Tadpole! I too have had a productive sewing weekend and I have you to thank for it since you are the one who sucked me into this quilting addiction! Now if I could only find a way to quilt and tend to the rest of the house at the same time!
I likey! Great job, and bring on the baby quilts!
Beautiful!
Perhaps it will inspire me to get out a project and work on it. I'm a quilter, too, but of the variety that starts a lot of things but finishes few. Let's see. Currently have at least 4 things started that I can think of. Shame on me! Praises to you!
Oh, very, very pretty. Has DH seen the finished project yet? You did a great job, M!
Thanks all of you for your coments.
LAT..I have a bunch of UFO's myself, isn't that what is the true sign of a Quilter?
Countrygirl...yep it is on his bed at his little barn apartment right now. He seemed tickled.
~M~
Ooooo! Booooootifull!
I really like that it's multi-colored and bright and I like the traditional bear claw pattern too. Good job RW.
Jody
Well, I say it's about time.....what took you so long??
It's not like you had anything else going on....just kidding. I know how you feel. It's like hauling off the last load of corn after a long chop season...sorta.
You've inspired me - I WILL make my tablerunner for Christmas...this year.
I don't know about you women, but when I start a sewing project, my whole house goes to pot! I have sewing stuff everywhere!
Nice quilt.
Post a Comment