Hello all you bloggy buddies. Hope your week has gone great. I know that it is one week that I am glad to see go. I spent much of it on the couch. I am now on the road to recovery and glad of it. Here I sit contemplating the day ahead with only a slight rattling around in the lung area.
I have a million things to do today. I bought some flowers at the farm store yesterday and they are just begging to be planted....but we were down in the low 30's the last two nights so I may wait. And DH and I have a project that I just can't wait to get started on....We are building a new porch swing!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait!!! And I will post pictures. I found the plans for free on the net, we got the lumber and we are rip roaring and ready to go.
On a more serious front this makes my blood boil. I copied and pasted it from a news source on-line. This is serious folks. Do a little research on Germany in the 30's. History repeating itself????????
Our government thinks that people that believe in these things are a threat.....
According to the federal government, characteristics of members of the suspect group of people include those who:
* Oppose restrictions on firearms
* Oppose lax immigration
* Oppose the policies of President Obama regarding immigration, citizenship and the expansion of social programs
* Oppose continuation of free trade agreements
* Oppose same-sex marriage
* Has paranoia of foreign regimes
* Fear Communist regimes
* Oppose one world government
* Bemoan the decline of U.S. stature in the world
* Is upset with the loss of U.S. manufacturing jobs to China and India
Hummmm any of you fit the bill?????
Well thats my political rant for the day. Oh did any of you go to a tea party?? DH and I attended...it was pretty cool.
Have a great day and weekend.
God Bless and Happy Trails
RanchWife.......who pretty much fits every description on the list above......
10 comments:
Well good grief, we are awful threatening folk! Seems like it's going to get more and more crazy in the days to come. I wish I knew the best way to dig in my heels, but I keep finding my head in the sand instead. I just don't want to hear it. I want to stay in my little sheltered and predominately conservative state and fugettabout it all. ;) Can't do that, though. Must persevere. Besides, our hope isn't in any of that stuff. We know the Lord will place a covering over His children, just like he did with the blood on the doorposts for the Israelites in Egypt. Praise the Lord we don't even have to slaughter any lambs, the name of Jesus is enough.
Yep you are right. I serve a God that notices when a sparrow falls. We have nothing to fear if we are His.
~M~
Glad you're feeling better. Good luck on your swing and we would like to see the plans - mine has hit the dirt - literally!
"Oppose restrictions of firearms.
Has Paranoia of foreign regimes."
That's me!
Glad to hear you aren't dead in bed.
Joshua
You died and I wasn't even invited to the garden party??! Well I nover......glad you're feeling good enough to garden!!
Glad your better! Sounds like a nasty little bug set up camp at your house.
Very interesting....list. I am with LeAnna...and was thinking the SAME thing...about the Blood on the doorposts!!! (great minds think alike!) ha ha
What a mighty GOD we SERVE!!!!! Have a wonderful sunday!
Good to hear that you're on the mend! You didn't miss much, just some of that lovely wind. Can't wait to see that porch swing - porch swingin' soothes my soul. How can a porch swinger be considered a threat?
Glad you are feeling better! BTW - I am not worth my weight in pound cake unless I get to kill the rattle snake with a gun! No choppy-choppy from this country girl!
Well wait - if I lose my firearms I may have to learn to choppy-choppy!
I'm glad you're feeling better and are back up and at it! I'm very frustrated with the Homeland Security's "threat list" too. I wonder if my name is on the list since I went to a local Tea Party too.
Hooray for the new porch swing! I love mine. Surely it's a swing for two?
Jody
I can't believe that!! I must be a threat too.... Lol and my Husband is too... We are not threats Obama is a threat to us.
Post a Comment