Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I Confess...I am a Blog Slacker...Or a BSER...WhichEver You Prefer

Sorry for the bad attempt at being witty. I have been up since 3 a.m., and I am just not hitting all cylinders yet. Have I ever mentioned that I am not a morning person? I am not a lay around till 10 am person..but it takes me a while to gather my wits about me of a morning. I am not one of those people that the minute their feet hit the floor they are bright eyed and busy tailed ready to greet the day with a smile on their face and a song in their hearts. No that is not me..and those people annoy me in the morning. My DH is that way...and yes sometimes it does grate on my nerves.Just being honest. I love him anyway. And it is a good thing, or a God thing that we are the way we are. Nobody could stand being around 2 of me. So God gave me him to even things out. Does that make sense...I should not try to post at 5:30 am. I really feel like I may be on the verge of losing consciousness.

OK I am back now....Had to have a little nap...Oh no not really. I feel more bright eyed and bushy tailed as the minutes creep by. ~Yawn~

Why am I up at this hour? Because I am going to be infested with hungry men later this morning. Much later, I might add. And I also might add that I could have slept later...but poor DH has had an overwhelming week. And I felt the need to drag myself out of bed and prepare him a wonderful hot breakfast before he and DS headed out to gather an untold number of first calf heifers.

And might I add that this is cutting into my quilting day...I am not bitter. No I am not...Although this job was scheduled for yesterday...I had my plans made. My ducks in a row. And then like a duck I was shot out of the water. Without a care for me and my quilting day...they just had to come over here and make me cook for them, and I tell you my heart is just not in it. I have contemplated Allsups food. For those of you not in the Southwest, Allsups is a convenience store. They are all over and they all smell the same. No matter if you are in Texas or NM they all smell the same. I may be the only person in the world to have discovered this strange oddity.I think the government should conduct a study as to why all Allsups smell the same. Waste of money you say? Hogwash I say. If they can study the mating habits of the Broad-billed Peckerwood and spend millions, then this isn't too much to ask.

But I am not bitter....

Anyway..I have been thinking about Allsups food. I was sitting there in front of the store the other day and I saw a sign that said you could get a Tallsup...for you uneducated folk..that is a large soda pop. And some Howlers for $2.99. And for the record I have absolutely no idea what a 'howler' is. I don't even know anyone that that ever eaten a 'howler'. Or maybe I have and they are so ashamed they have kept it hidden. Attention..all you closet "howler" eaters..come forth into the daylight and confess..and I really would like to know what kind of critter a 'howler' is. Curious minds want to know.

I think the $2.99 "howler" special would just fit the bill for a bunch of inconsiderate, mean, cowboys that take a woman away from one of the only things in life that makes life worth living...a paper piecing workshop. And do they care? Ha! All they think about is themselves. No one else. They may be standing in the way of world peace. I am pretty sure that quilters could bring about world peace just by having a paper piecing workshop. Of which I will not get to attend, therefore I will not get to be a part of the larger plan. I shall not get to fulfill my destiny of bringing in world peace by paper piecing. Woe is me.

But am I bitter? No.

Of course I would feed DH and DS and D-son-law a steak, undercover. They don't deserve to be punished. It isn't their fault that they are eagles that have to be around turkeys. Enough said.

I told yall I was somewhat discombobulated in the mornings. This post proves it.

I better sign off before I lose all self-restraint.

God Bless and Happy Trails

RanchWife..who is off to Allsups to load up on "howlers" before they are all gone. :) :( :)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh gotta love Alsups! My parents have a coffee mug from them that is ancient. Back when they had 5 cent refills. Orange and tan with the orange snap on top and the big handle?

LeAnna said...

Totally laughing about your eagles amongst turkeys. Cracketh me up. I wonder if a howler is a hot dog...hmm...I can see it now "Ranch Wife's Howlers" 100% pure beef. Kosher. The next best thing since sliced store bought white bread...

Countrygirl said...

So.....did you find out what "howlers" are? If you fed them to the crew - maybe that's what they sound like after eating? Ha!

Joshua said...

Ok, Ranch Wife, I will not mention that you sound bitter, but you do. ... Hmm. And yes, every Allsup's does smell the same. It is a strange phenomena that I cannot understand. Maybe the mysterious "howlers" give it that smell?

Happy mornings! (I am one of the "annoying" ones by the way.)

Joshua

Anonymous said...

I think it's the burritos. Have no idea what a howler is.

Anonymous said...

Oh, an honest woman...let me fess up...I'm not fun in the mornings either!
And breakfast? TrapperDude hits the floor wanting a full course hot breakfast and it just about makes me ill to cook when my eyes are barely opened! I need to be awake at least two hours before I can eat breakfast..and then I prefer leftovers to eggs...unless biscuits and sausage gravy are involved ;)
You realise you contributed to "world peace" by feeding the menfolk...nothing worse than a hungry cowboy...pretty sure that's how range wars REALLY started!
Our Costco store gives you a large soda and a large polish dog for $1.79! Use to treat the kids to those when they were home and I had to shop at the mega store. Felt a bit like a vacation that I didn't have to clean the kitchen AGAIN on my shopping day!

Rebekah said...

I agree with Tina -- your part of the world peace was accomplished by feeding those poor men all those howlers so they didn't go hungry and start howling...yeah, my jokes are as bad at 9:00pm as yours are at 5:30am!!! ;P

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Thank you so much for commenting on my post of yesterday. I'm happy to meet you!

And to finally meet someone else who says "discombobulated'! Yessss! ;-)

Here, I go to sleep early and get up early. And he is just the opposite. :-)

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Oh me, Dear One... I too do Comment Verification. Always have.

But I don't make readers do Word Verification too. Because I will make sure no crap-o-la gets in comments, by reading them, with my setting of Comment Verification.

So I'm wondering if you realize that you have that ding-dang Word Ver. turned on, in your Settings? Because I've found that some people don't.

Just saying.... Maybe..... :-)

Joshua said...

I asked my Allsup's frequenting brother and he knows what a howler is! You ready?... It's a stuffed jalapeno. Hmm.

Joshua

Ranch wife said...

Hi Auntie....no I didn't realize..I am pretty computer challenged so I appreciate the input on the verification thingie.

Yes I have to admit that when the fellas left they seemed calm and happy.....should not grip!

Griff...oh my!! It is worse then I thought! Yes the name is appropriate...I would howl it I had to eat one for sure.

~M~

cottonpicker said...

I just so glad you're not bitter.....hmmmmm. We'll stop one of these days and get us one of those howler specials. When you start howling, you'll know why they call them that.

Gumbo Lily said...

How dare those fellas intrude on your quilt day! I say Howler specials all around!

Jody