Saturday, January 9, 2010

Yikes it is cold!!

Nine degrees this morning. We have had more cold and snow this winter then we have had in about 5 years. In a way it is nice to have an actual winter. The moisture has been a blessing.

Here are a few pictures to show what has been going on in my world the last few weeks.



Cold!



Knitted hat! I made Tadpole one as well. And have one for RanchGirl on the needles and one for DD#2 on the mind.



Reversible apron this was for DD#2..a coffee theme was on order.



My Christmas apron. I saw this material in Wal-Mart and for some odd reason it reminded me of my Mam-maw and I had to have it. The back kind of blurred out I think it was because it was gingham print.







Five generations..My Grandmother turned 90 years old in December. My mom, myself, RanchGirl, Gramdma and Tadpole.



No your eyes are not deceiving you. That is my DH napping on the VERY RED furniture, that I decided to keep cause it is so darn comfortable, with a CAT! And a jealous weiner dog. Meet Garfield. He showed up at our neighbors house, and he brought him over here. I know nothing of his life other then he has been someones pet, is very fat and probably older then dirt. He does not live in the house, but DS brings him in to visit. DH has taken a liken to him. Very weird, very weird. And Garfield seems to return the love.

I had more to upload but it is taking forever, maybe more tomorrow.

God Bless and Happy Trails
RanchWife

9 comments:

Rebekah said...

Oh the aprons are lovely!! I keep telling my mom I want her to make me a couple in bandanna-print fabric, she just has so many sewing/quilting projects going that she hasn't had time yet. My does that look cold! Surely wish we had some of that cold weather over here... ;)

Countrygirl said...

Now I won't feel so bad - ya'll are getting the bone chillin' cold too. Yesterday, it was -4 when I left the house for work! Yikes! But if you could stay outta' the wind - it was beautiful! Your pictures are great. Love the one with dh and the animals! I need to find that apron pattern, DD wants one. I have some patterns, but don't really like them.

Great pictures!

love you,
c

Ranch wife said...

The pattern I used is The Church Ladies Pattern. I ordered it from 'Create For Less'. I think it was around $6:00. It is very easy but a hint..if you want to make the two piece pockets but a yard and a quarter of fabric. The pattern says 1 yard for both the plain pocket and the two piece pocket. I have never made it work.

We made it to the 40's today and it was beautiful.

~M~

Rebekah said...

BTW, I tagged you for some awards!! :) I know I just tagged you for another one recently, but hey, who am I going to tag except all my best bloggie buddies?? ;)

Ranch Wife said...

Will wonders never cease! Your DH has adopted a cat...or rather, the cat has adopted DH!

Red suits you!

Love your knitted hat, but I don't need another hobby! And the aprons are just darling! Might have to pick that pattern up.

I'm still at Mama's and there isn't a minute to spare for creating anything other than spreadsheets so I'll be itching to get started on some projects when I get back. All this socializing is drawing me into my hermit mode.

LeAnna said...

LOVE those aprons! My address is: LeAnna Flowers 924...haha, just kidding! Aren't you supposed to be finishing DD1's quilt??? ;) When are you going to open an online store with all your fine goods? I saw the pic of Tadpoles little hat, and it's cute! My Mom is currently learning how to crochet, and has been showing me. So far she can make a scarf. So far I can make a rope. But, I'm working on it. It's actually quite relaxing, if only my attention span will hold out. That's never been my strong point. ANYWAY. I like your red couch, and your adopted cat is a hoss if I do say so. The best cat (if there is such a thing) always seems to be the one that finds you. We lucked out with ours that DH picked up at a job site. It's a mousing machine. Matter of fact, there are 3 dead ones on the front porch, with the entrails displayed for all to see. Eww.
Stay warm! I think a warmup is on the horizon, it hit 50 today and I went outside and cleaned my outside windows. It's practically spring, you know!

Paula said...

I am lovin' that red furniture! Need to see a picture of all of it! Love that cat even though I don't typically love cats. That picture of DH and the animals is priceless. Love the aprons. Need one, want one, should make one!!

Headed over to Mrs. Bee right now!

Blessings~
P.

cottonpicker said...

When you pose for five generation photos....have you ever noticed how high on the matriarch list we are becoming? Oh well, nice aprons and cute furniture!! Great post - you Have been busy!

Gumbo Lily said...

Brrrrrrr! Now 9* is darn cold, even for us up north. Looks like you've got the men bundled up nicely. The aprons are delicously cute! I have made the pattern a couple times and it's terrific. Thanks for recommending it and telling me it's where-abouts.

Jody