Friday, January 29, 2010

Milk Milk Lovely Milk.......

I have news. It is the only news I have. I have been nowhere...well I did make quilting/knitting day this week. And I did go to Church last Sunday, and I did make Bible study Monday night....hum..seems like I have been more places then I thought.

Oh well..it has been a long long week and it really does not seem like all those things happened this week.

My goats kidded last week. Yep total surprise. See how I am. How could that have gotten by me? I mean I know they were gona kid, just not as soon as they did. And they had them the same day almost at the same time. So now I have lots of nice fresh goat milk for me and for little Tadpole!

My attempt at cheese-making ended in disaster this morning. Well I guess that would depend on if you are a dog. My dogs didn't seem to think it was a disaster. They lapped up the cheese-making disaster just fine and dandy.

It has been a few years.

I will not be stopped though. I figured out what I did wrong, and I will overcome this embarrassment.

And guess what I found on-line? A recipe for goat milk fudge! Oh bless my heart! Can't wait to try it. And if we didn't have to be somewhere this evening, I think youngest DS and I just might whip it up. But alas there isn't time..maybe tomorrow.

The sun is shining today,a welcome sight let me tell ya. Yesterday we had a blizzard. And it was so cold. But today it has warmed up a tad and just having the sunshine makes it seem warmer then it really is. I am thankful for the moisture and I am not gona grip one little bit about the bad weather. I just keep envisioning spring wildflowers.

Well gotta scoot.

God Bless and Happy Trails
RanchWife

9 comments:

Brenda said...

Goat milk fudge is SO good! Congratulations on the little ones and the fresh milk.

Rachel said...

Oh boy, goats milk.. yummm!! I bet Tadpoles gonna love it!
That fudge sounds good... your gonna have to let us know how it turns out!!
I sure am glad the cold moved on out too, but am thankful for the moisture! Ready for warm weather too!
Thanks for sharing!! :)
~Rachel

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

Time flies when you're having fun!!! Stay warm. We're tryin' all that snow and cold you had came to KS!

Shelby said...

To funny. I know you probably didn't think it was that funny at the time though. :) Glad I met ya'll through Ms. Vance. (even if it was just a second) haha!
Shelby

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Glad the sun was shining, after the blizzard. Blizzard, ugh.

Goats milk fudge. One of my daughters in law's moms can eat only goats milk. As opposed to daily. :-)

Joshua said...

Mmm... milk. Cheese... Goats... I kind of miss our goats. You are a stronger family than us. We couldn't handle our goats. However, I must ask, when you do make some goat milk cheese, is it alright if I come over and sample it? I have never had any. :)

Joshua

Ranch wife said...

Hi everybody, thanks for the comments.

Hi Shelby, thanks for the visit, hope you will come back. I left a not on your blog.

Griff, of course I will share, be glad to I will let you know when the cheese making commences again.

~M~

Ranch wife said...

Shelby,,I mean I left a note on your blog..not a not. Good grief, my typing is horrible.

~M~

Gumbo Lily said...

Oh fun! New babies and fresh milk! I haven't had goat milk in a long, long time. There's nothing like full-fat, fresh milk, is there?

About the weather.....we sometimes have to keep our eyes on that silver lining, dont' we? Well, I do.

Jody