This is the kid we made the sacrifice for....
Our oldest..he is the bronc rider for the team.
The team.
Getting ready..
Checking the rigging.
Getting set down...
Stalled out...have to start over.
Yee-Haw! The ride is on!
Going for a ride on ole Chiquita Banana.
Not such a great picture...due to the one behind the camera....notice the 'blown' stirrup. To lose a stirrup is not good. It messes up your balance and your hanging on ability.
Again..bad picture taking. I asked him who he would like to be and we would photo shop him on a head. Ha...But the blown stirrup is pretty visible.
Mothers really should not try to take pictures of their little darln's riding rough stock..we don't do to great a job.
I got so excited that I didn't even get the last part of the ride. And he did ride and ended up with a score of 72..not enough to get him in the money I don't think...boo. But I am always relieved that he makes a safe ride, no broken bones, or noses. Broke his nose twice last year. This time he got off with a sore thumb.
Well we are off to the second go round hopefully I will do better on the pictures today....hopefully.
God Bless and Happy Trails.
Whoops! I posted the same picture twice..ignore it. I am too lazy to go back and fix it. And you can click on the pictures to make them bigger...but I bet yall already knew that. :) :)
9 comments:
The WRCA is in sight ;) It's always nice for the cowboys to WALK out of the arena.
Cool. Very very cool. I don't know how you guys do it tho, that would be so hard for this momma to watch. :-)
Cool! A friend of ours rode a bronc there last night, too. I saw a few familiar faces on the chutes back there too. Small world. Nothin' better than some ranch bronc ridin'!
So much fun for everyone {except the Mom....LOL} Hope you can stop by and visit me.... :) Have a great day..
My 11 year old thinks he needs to try some rough stock - I'm thinkin' NOT!
I love to watch my husband in the ranch rodeos but i hate to watch the bronc ride'n it makes me a nervous wreck and thank goodness my ol'man is to old to do it! He looked like he did great!
Well I think he made a fine ride...not so fine dismount but that'll get better....I think. Can't wait till the next one - hopefully the weather will be a little tamer. And your pictures are just fine....just fine.
I've "blown a stirrup" before and I wasn't even riding rough stock! Not good for the balance is right.
Fun rodeo pictures. I even enjoyed the headless horseman!
Jody
Had to chuckle West Texas Wife. My DH made his Ranch Saddle Bronc riding debut when he was 40 years old. He has ridden lots of broncs....but coming out of a shut is another thing entirely. Lets just say it was a very fast ride. :) He has threatening for years to take it back up......I am thinking not.
~M~
Post a Comment