Odd title for a blog, but my blog is odd and it is a reflection of myself and I am a tad odd so there.
Let me say that the past month I feel like I have been on a run-away horse. I know how it feels cause when I was a wee little gal my Daddy's very old and very gentle horse decided to go head back to the barn with me on board. It was an awful experience. I would rather be bucked off then ran away with. Getting bucked off generally happens so fast that you don't know what happens till you hit the ground. Getting ran away with gives you time to think. I remember thinking.."should I jump?" looking down at the ground racing by, and thinking, "no can't do that." I remember seeing the barb wire fence coming up and thinking I would end up in it. I remember seeing my Dad standing beside the barn and hollering " DADDY, DADDY, Make him stop!" Pretty dumb, but I was in a panic. The run seemed to go on forever and then all at once I was laying in the dirt right in front of my Dad, I had gone over the horses head when he stopped. Daddy was holding the horse and hollering at me to get up if I wasn't hurt. Sounds cruel....I have done the same thing to my kids. You are so scared that you just need to see them move, if they can get up you are pretty sure all will be well. After I caught my breath I got up, none the worse for wear other then a huge ugly bruise on the whole right side of my body..it was there for weeks, and made interesting conversation for P.E..
Anyway this past month as been a run away horse. That just keeps running and running. I am thinking about changing my name to Job. Ha, not really, it hasn't been that bad. But it has been a hard and discouraging last few weeks.
I haven't slept much lately and it has given me much time to ponder and pray. Maybe that is the reason I haven't slept much...the Lord trying to get my attention. He does that you know. If you neglect Him He will attempt many things to get our attention back on Him. He desires that one on one relationship with us because He cares about us and about everything that goes on in our lives. He tells us to bring all our troubles before Him. All of them. The big and the small. If we are hurting and grieved then He hurts and grieves with us. He is first and foremost our Lord and Savior but He is also our friend.
I love the old hymn "What a friend we have in Jesus."
What a friend we have in Jesus
All our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry
Everything to God in prayer.
Oh the peace we often forfeit,
Oh the needless pain we bear,
All because we do not carry
Everything to God in prayer.
Have we trials and temptations?
Is there trouble anywhere?
We should never be discouraged,
Take it to the Lord in prayer.
Can we find a friend so faithful
Who will all our sorrows share?
Jesus knows our every weakness,
Take it to the Lord in prayer.
Are we weak and heavy laden,
Cumbered with a load of care?
Precious Savior still our refuge
Take it to the Lord in prayer.
Do thy friends despise, forsake thee?
Take it to the Lord in prayer
In His arms he'll take and shield thee
Thou wilt find a solace there.
There is great truth in that old hymn. I wonder what was the author going through when he penned it? So many of the hymns come out of pain and grief, sorrow and pain. That is why they are so rich and in my opinion so needed today. Sad that they are all but forgotten for the most part.
So where am I going with all this. I want to encourage all of you. I know for a fact they we are not the only family going through hard times right now. All of our struggles are different and different circumstances, but they are struggles all the same. Just know that there is someone who cares and who wants to see you through them. Sometimes He takes them away or takes you out of them, but I think for the most part He walks with you through them. And in the walking through the trials you lean on Him and learn to trust Him even when all seems lost and hopeless. And your relationship with Him grows deeper and deeper.
Trust and Obey
For there is no other way,
To be happy in Jesus,
But to trust and obey.
God Bless and Happy Trails
RanchWife
9 comments:
I really needed this today, thank you!
i think i may have found the 'whoa' button on my horse!
Time to take stock of ehats real , what's neccesary and what honors GOD.
And to do it PRAYERFULLY. Keepin ya'll in my 'wee morning hour' prayers:)
i love the thought that when we're unfaithful, He'll draw us back to himself and He's not going to scold us but He'll draw us with His love
Amen! He's there when people fail us, and people will indeed fail us. It's part of being human. Praise God we can trust Him with all of our needs, and if our hearts are soft, we can even trust Him with his chastisement, knowing that those He truly loves, He chastens.
I have been singing Third Day's - Cry out to Jesus - "There is grace and forgiveness, mercy and healing that meets you wherever you are . . Cry out to Jesus, Cry out to Jesus!
My favorite part of that is that it meets you "wherever" you are. No appointment necessary! Thank you, Jesus!
Blessings~
P.
We are riding the same horse? Ha! I feel like this too. In a little over 2 months my baby will be graduating......your baby girl will too! Wow! Where did time go? To think that to God it's just a drop in a bucket - but to us it seems like a lifetime. What will Heaven feel like - always joyful, no pain, no sorrow - praising the Savior all the day long!!!! I miss you my friend.
I really thought I was the only one on the runaway horse! lol
Thanks for sharing such good words~obviously needed by many(including myself) as I read other posts.
Sending you and your family Blessings from Kansas for a Wonderful RESURRECTION Sunday!!
Take care
I have been on a run-away horse and it's terribly frightening. Life is like that sometimes to be sure. I love the old hymn "What a Friend..." and they are not forgotten to me. In fact, I made sure my kids grew up on hymns. Every day after we read our Bibles together, we sang a hymn and now my adult kids say they like hymns best of all.
Hoping your coming days slow down to a nice, even trot (or a walk).
Jody
Now that was a really wonderful post. Thank you for that!
Would love for you to stop in and visit me. :)
Post a Comment