Well lets see...the last couple of weeks have been crazy with a capital C. That is spelled Crazy.
DS spent a week in hunter safety and did quite well finishing up with a score of 90 of his test. Which pleased me immensely. I really didn't think he was paying attention and I threatened him that if he failed this test after we had to drive him in and sit for hours with him that I would have his hide. Does that sound harsh? Well if it does so be it. Sometimes the only way to get the job done is to be harsh. Don't judge me.
A few days after we finished up with that we got the call that he had to be at baseball practice the next week. So we have been practicing baseball till dark 3 times a week. Yes we have the gung-ho team this year. I am not real competitive. I don't enjoy team sports where you have to be competitive. Last year we had very laid back coaches..granted the kids didn't learn all that much...but they had fun. I like fun. Fun is good. This year fun may be out the window and win win win may be in. But I have to also say that they will learn the game better, and hopefully won't stand out in the outfield all season looking at bugs and such. I have no idea when their first game is. All I know is that the spending just won't stop. You pay to play, then you buy shoes, pants, gloves, shirts, and it just seems to go on and on. The things we do for our young'ns.
Sewing, I have been sewing. Garment's real garment's. I finished a shirt, and am starting on a skirt tomorrow. I am fed up with shopping for clothes. I don't often, but I am in need of a few things, and I looked and looked and let me tell ya what is out there is pitiful. Just pitiful. Of course yall probably know that. I think the categories or..... 'teenage hooker'....or '80 year old senior citizen'. Nothing in-between. Since I don't feel the first category would be acceptable, and I am pretty sure I am allergic to polyester and elastic, I am being forced to undertake garment construction. I have not done much sewing for myself in years. But I found the cutest shirt pattern by Amy Butler and it turned out pretty good. I will post a picture when I find the batteries for my camera, that I seem to have misplaced.
Oh yes I did my share of sitting in sack cloth and ashes all week as well. Due to the horrible passing of socialism that our government conducted over last weekend. Most likely should not even go there...due to the fact that I am appalled at this, and it makes me sick....which I guess I just had better not be cause I am pretty sure that the treatment, if any at all, might just be an injection of some sort to do away with me....useless eater ya know. Makes me want to scream. Excuse me we have a Constitution do we not? I hope we still have one..seems like the powers that be have never read it. I am pretty sure that it does not say...All Ye Powers that be over all the United States that were elected by THE PEOPLE....shall cram forced health care down their throats....Anyway as I said, I really should not go there.
Hum....went to church this morning. Came home to ham and beans in the crockpot and corn bread. DH and I actually laid down and napped just a little. Very rare thing for us to do, but highly enjoyable. And now he is out in his shop working on boots, and I am saying "howdy" to you all.
God Bless and Happy Trails
RanchWIfe
6 comments:
My, my, my, aren't we a busy bee? Glad to hear someone's getting some sewing done! I haven't sewn clothing since the kids were wee little lads. Sounds like someone needs a road trip...I know you're busy, but I do believe it was someone resembling yourself who once convinced me to live dangerously and uncover that wild hair. Dimmett on the 9th?
I'd begun to think you'd fallen off the face of the earth. Or moved to Tahiti. I wonder if they have socialized healthcare there...
Haha..might be best if you and I leave the 'government' issue out of our posts...I haven't needed myheart meds in a long time, but when I watch the news...well, lets just say I keep'em handy!
Boots? Jennifer told me her daddy makes boots...can you take some pictures? Ok, I know you have to find the batteries but TrapperDude and I would love to see them :)
I'm with you on the 'clothes' issue...now if I could only get a good fit to my shoulders I would be a happy camper, but I really need to find a dressform in order to do that. I have gotten blessed at my thrift store with decent buys which certainly helps. I'm looking forward to seeing the shirt you made :)
Have a good week...sounds very busy with all the ball practice added to 'life'!
We're in the same boat, just got lots to do, seems like it'll never get done either, but it will.... just beleiving that the good Lord is right beside us every step of the way! :)
Oh boy, I could go on and on about our so called Presidents choices too... we have a Constitution, well, last I knew! So, anyways..
Hope you guys are all well!!! Have a great week!
=) i certainly understand about baseball. it was very competitive while we were there.
I feel your pain about clothes. i wear my mom's cast offs. lol! People just can't understand why anyone wouldn't want everything hangin out.
that crock pot is a wonderful thing on Sunday and during baseball. Mhmm! ham and beans. Do ya'll call it Hoppin John?
Have a wonderful week
"teenage hooker" or "80 year old citizen". . . that is funny! So true. I guess it is just one more reason you chose homeschooling. I want to see the shirt! That sounds like a big pain to me.
Glad you got to take a nap. I was thinking about it but instead I ate an immense amount of posole and Tacos y Salsas in mexico and traveled about three hours. I am back though! Taught some youngn's in LeBaron.
Joshua
Post a Comment