Rain in this part of the world is always a blessing.
Of course I enjoy the rain because I don't have to be out in it. Unlike these poor fellas that were at my house this morning. I can sit in front of the fire and sip coffee. Bet they wish they had some.
I thought this was funny.It looks like the weaner is chasing the horse and cowboy. But actually the cowboy is in hot pursuit..........( defination of "weaner"...calf that needs to be weaned from his/her momma)
I am still fiddling around with this camera. The long distance pictures are grainy. I am thinking the lack of sunlight and the fact that I keep forgetting to change the settings to the appropriate ones are the deal. More user error than camera error. Ha
And it was raining and I was standing on the bench under the porch and trying not to fall off and take pictures all at the same time.
Total frustration...This is Maggie. She is sad. Cowboy Husband made her stay in jail during all the cow penning activity.
Wanna hear a dirty joke??????
A white horse rolled in the mud. Ha Ha Ho Ho Hee Hee. My kids used to think that was funny...I know I know poor attempt at humor.
Forecast for tomorrow.....Blue sky's ahead.
God Bless and Happy Trails
RanchWife
10 comments:
Ahhhhh the days of chasing cattle. I wish I could come down and stay with y'all for a summer, I would learn so much. But alas I have to work on this ranch! I just try and soak up all I can from the real cowboys, since my dad is NOT a cowboy... Oh well. Love the photos!
Great pictures! Haha, I forgot about the dirty joke. I will have to go tell John. :)
I fixed it in your html where it doesn't show that border around them anymore.
I've been there...that's one good thing about growing up and getting a job and not getting to go along with Dad during Spring Break..Not getting rained on!
And makes me feel sorry for my husband today, too. Gathered two pastures this morning to brand tomorrow and trotting through yearlings on wheat this afternoon. Bet he'll be ready for some dry clothes tonight!
Your pics are good...I'm still learning my camera, too. Unfortunately most of the great photo ops happen when I only have my phone to capture them with!
Great pics, M!
Your camera takes great pictures! Ha ha ha! to the joke!
Awesome pics!
I wish we'd get more rain/snow something... it's just been windy.. :P sure dries things out.. it'll look good come springtime and summer hopefully though.
I feel for those guys.. I've been on works and we drove the cattle into the blowing snow... yeah, not our idea, but you do what the boss man says, right?! It wasn't bad once we changed directions though.. ;)
I'm glad to hear you're getting rain. Where are the cowboys' slickers?
I like the joke!
Jody
Jody, the slickers are where they stay all year long. Rolled up dry rotting behind pick-up seats. Ha. A slicker will last a life time here.
Other explanation...there are not many horse's on this outfit that will tolerate a flapping slicker. Not even if they are senior citizens. This ranch isn't known for their gentle horse's...although they are working on it.
~M~
Hey, stop by my private blog, I'm having a giveaway! Try to rack up promotion here haha
I could just smell it looking at the pictures! The rain, that is!
Post a Comment