Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Tadpole...King for A Day

It is hard to believe that my little Tadpole turned 1. It seems just like yesterday that I was driving madly through the night to get to the hospital because ya know that all Grandmama's have to be at the hospital when their grandbabies are born. I am pretty sure it is a law. And if it isn't...well it should be.

So on Sunday Ranchgirl hosted a small get together for the family to celebrate the first birthday of our Tadpole.

Not every birthday boy has his birthday meal served in such style....



Yep that is an old chuckwagon that just hangs around the place.



Yum...Mama's cake was so good!!!!



Oh my stomach!! I never wanna eat cake again!



Pretty sure these three are up to no good.



Pappy and Tadpole



Uncle T. He thinks his nephew is about it.



Auntie S. with her favorite guy. Don't know what Pappy was looking at but he looks sneaky



Uncle N. He liked the presents as much as Tadpole. Yes he has bruises and scratches on his face. He and Pappy were in an accident Friday night, they are fine and dandy. The Lord is good.



RanchGirl and Ranching Momma. We got to meet a fellow blogger and her sweet family. What fun!

I am loving my camera. I have not had much time just to mess around with it. But so far I like it a lot. What I decided on was a Canon PowerShot SX20IS. I ordered it from Amazon they had the best price I found for it. It is very heavy duty which I like. And a nice large size which I like. It has the superzoom..and I have not gotten to do much with it yet..I am hoping that it works well and does not blur out. Lots of rodeo's to go to this summer so it needs to work well. There are lots of hints built into the camera about the operation. When you go into manual there is a setting that gives you hints on the settings to use. For someone like me that is a great thing to have. I was pleased that even in low light settings the images are clear. A lot of point and shoots are not. I guess this would be considered a high end point and shoot. I think the next step up from this one would be a SLR. I went with the Canon because my old 35 is a Canon and is still going strong. And I love my daughters Rebel. Maybe one day I will graduate to a SLR.....maybe not. I don't like complicated, wears me out. The only thing that I don't like about this deal, and it is not the camera, it is the book that comes with it. There isn't one. It is on a CD and has to be downloaded on your computer and then it is there in a PDF file. Dumb dumb idea. I don't know what there were thinking. Going green I suppose. But it was dumb. You can print it off, and I may some of it...but it is an extra expense with ink and paper. Really dumb idea.

Well I am off to try an accomplish something.

God Bless and Happy Trails
RanchWife

12 comments:

Anna said...

Oh my I just realized that you and ranchgirl are related! crazy! i follow her too!

LeAnna said...

Great pics, and woohoo for the new camera!

Anglican Mama said...

AWWW...the chuckwagon is adorable. So glad his day was special!
Seeing pictures makes me miss you guys--we're praying about a visit to the Promised Land sometime this year. If that happens, we'll have to work it out to see our NM family. :)
Yay for new camera--no yay for lazy companies that want to save money, and pass the expense to us. Bah humbug.

Anglican Mama said...

AWWW...the chuckwagon is adorable. So glad his day was special!
Seeing pictures makes me miss you guys--we're praying about a visit to the Promised Land sometime this year. If that happens, we'll have to work it out to see our NM family. :)
Yay for new camera--no yay for lazy companies that want to save money, and pass the expense to us. Bah humbug.

NaomiG said...

That birthday party looks SO cool! :-) She did an awesome job. Your pics are great, I love the expressions on everyone's faces. :-) Especially Tadpole with the full tummy. :-)

Thanks for the comment on my blog! :-) That was so fun to get this morning. Yeah, I'm pretty sure Frank has told the story at least a few times... :-)

Ranch Wife said...

Great shots! Looks like your new camera is a keeper! Of course, I'm thinkin that pictures taken of that cute little grandson are ALWAYS gonna be wonderful! Pretty hard to take a bad picture of someone that adorable!

Countrygirl said...

So glad you like your new camera! What a dandy day for Tadpole!!! N doesn't look bad at all - not what I pictured!

Joshua said...

I spot a sock monkey! Haha. Crazy to think that he is walking around and celebrating his first birthday already. I remember being at the hospital and it doesn't seem like a year ago. Where was the shindig? The cleanliness of the shop kind of gives it away. ;)

Joshua

Ranch wife said...

Anna, welcome! Yes we are related just a little. She is my oldest daughter.

Griff...now don't ya go hurting Poor B's feelings you know he keeps a tidy operation. ;0. It was over at there house, and yes J. is very tidy.

~M~

Gumbo Lily said...

Happy Birthday to your lil Tadpole boy! And what a fun party it looks like it was!

Did I spy Sock Monkey in one of those pics? Was it a birthday gift?

I'm so happy you got the Canon Power shot. I love mine. I'm looking forward to all your upcoming photos.

Jody

cottonpicker said...

What a special time. Those memories are the kind that last forever. Good pictures too!!!

Ranch wife said...

Jody, yes the sock monkey was a gift from Uncle N. I sewed and he stuffed.

~M~