Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Gotta show my yo yo's!


Here they are!

These are made of cute vintage look material that has hula girls on it. I am not finished, need 24 total and some will be a different fabric. But I think they turned out pretty well. And fairly fast using the handy dandy yo yo maker that I purchased at the quilt festival.

Poor Cottonpicker. I feel it is my duty to help her out being that she seems to be yo yo challenged. Tisk tisk. Of course it could be that she is being punished for her remarks about me on her blog.....Her very untrue remarks I might add. Remarks that she clearly made up. I have been pondering on if I would or would not reply to these unfounded accusations and I have come to the conclusion that I will not. Poor dear, she was just overwhelmed with trying to install her router and make yo yo's all in one day. And I have it under good authority that she did not have an ounce of chocolate in the whole house. So I will forgive her. She was just overcome by the stress of the moment. Bless her heart.

Anyway back to the yo yo's. I am going to decorate flip flops with them. I have a book that has the cutest ideas for decorating flip flops. Go figure. I started to say thongs instead of flip flops..but thongs in my day are definitely not the same thong of this day. And there is just no way I will make a yo yo thong!! So flip flops it will be. Of course I have no flip flops and will have to make a trip to the nearest Wallie World an hour away..but as soon as I get these little beauties done I will post a picture. Anyway just wanted to share. It is time for bed, I will probably have nightmares of making hundreds of yo yo thongs!

God Bless and Happy Trails
Ranch Wife

11 comments:

LeAnna said...

Cute! I can't wait to see you decorate the flip-flops (as opposed to the thongs, teehee) and post pictures. You crack me up!

Anonymous said...

YUCK! I just envisioned yo-yo thongs....How horrid!

Ranch wife said...

Dear daughter, I am wounded! I was going to make one and let you test the design!
Your mother

Anglican Mama said...

Haha! My Dad has called flip-flops thongs my whole life. One time he ever asked a guy about the "thongs" we was wearing, and the guy was insulted...and didn't believe my Dad when he explained what they USED to be called.
LOL, oh my. Jen and I happened to chat about the strange concept of that undergarment just the other day. :-)

Well...I'd be happy to test out yo-yo briefs should you ever get a hair for those. :-)

LeAnna said...

yo yo mamma's briefs!


I couldn't help myself....

Paula said...

Somehow, I have managed to click on all of the posters links off of Pioneerwoman.com. I hope I've stumbled into new friends.

I'm Paula, from Udall, Kansas - and sometimes I feel like thongs ARE yo yo's - Up, pull it down, Up pull it down!

Blessings to all!

Ranch Wife said...

Oh my! The things I am picking up from y'all! LOL! I will never be able to look at a yo yo in the same manner again! Yo Yo Thongs ~ hmmm...there have been stranger things on the market I suppose although I can't think of any at the moment!

Ranch wife said...

Greetings Paula, glad you are here. I hope we don't scare you off, we can be quite a rowdy bunch at times. Welcome to our circle of blogging friends. Yep, thats a good one about the yo yo's :) :) :) Had to have been invented by a man.
Ranch Wife

Paula said...

Ranch Wife - So happy to be in the circle! I have two rowdy sisters so I don't scare off easily! I am enjoying my blogging adventure!

However, one of the gals has a son that likes rattlesnakes! Good grief those things are horrid! We don't have those in Kansas! I'll stick to yo-yo thongs for adventure!

Ranch wife said...

Ah yes Paula, that's Cottonpicker for you. We are having pot luck at Cowboy Church tonight. Sure hope that one of those things don't make it into the pot!
Ranch Wife

cottonpicker said...

Well,you just spilled the beans!! Snake stew was on the menu tonight camouflaged as a pot of spagetti!
And as for my yo-yo dilemma, well, I finally figured it out and I'll be sporting my new yo-yo thong to cowboy church tonite!