Howdy do to all my blogging buddies! Hope you have all had a restful weekend, and a blessed Sabbath day.
I am pooped, tired, exhausted and just plain give out, "give out" is Texan for tired beyond belief. As in, " I am jest plain give out". Why so "give out" you ask well I will tell you.
Friday morning I left in a cloud of dust at 7:30ish in the morning. I zipped over to Cottonpickers house, and hour zip away, picked her up, and we proceeded to the small Hamlet of Dimmett Texas. Around 3 hours away. Now why would I get up at 5:30, drive over to Cottonpicker's and then drive to Texas? A quilt festival what else would be worth the time and trouble?
We arrived in Dimmett and proceeded to be awed by all the beautiful quilts. Wow, they were so pretty, just made you drool. We tried not to drool on the quilts, I don't think they would have appreciated us doing that, especially since to just touch them to look at the back you had to wear gloves. We managed to get through the whole show without drooling on anything and getting thrown out.
We then dined with Cottonpickers DH. He was hauling cattle to Tulia, stopping back in Dimmett he bought our lunch at K-Bobs. He headed back to NM and we made one last stop at the show to make well thought out purchases. Needless to say we are going to be making alot of things adorned with various sizes of yo yo's.
Next we headed down the road to Tulia. On the way Cottonpicker mentioned that she wanted to find her DH a dog, a weiner dog to be exact. They lost their dear little Snoodles, rest in peace, and Ross just loves weiner dogs...so Cottonpicker, being the good wife she is, decided that she needed to surprise him with a cute little weiner dog. We stopped at Allsups got the local add paper and the search was on.
Off we headed to Amarillo. Cottonpicker was a woman on a mission. A quest for a weiner dog. She called, she talked, she marked off ones that were not acceptable, she called and talked again...simply because part of the time she couldn't remember who she had called and talked to previously.
Finally we hit pay dirt. Weiner dog puppies. Our radars went off and we navigated our way to where the said weiner dog puppies were. After a few wrong turns we arrived at the right place. Yuck! It was a weird set up to say the least. Cottonpicker fell in love at once with a cute little chocolate dappled boy....but he stunk..yes stunk...they all stunk, and I am not talking about dirty puppy stink, they smelt sick, and their eyes were running. I asked the lady why their eyes were running, and she said they had just been crying....yeah right. Hummm, it just didn't feel right, so we left.
Our next stop was a far piece away but we got her done. I just knew when we drove up that this would be the place...something about the rebel flag flying from the antenna on the 4-wheel drive pickup that shared the driveway with various cars, pickup, and just general stuff. I did have a thought in the back of my mind that I should park for a fast get away and leave the motor running.....but we are brave ranch women. I thought if worst came to worse Cottonpicker could tackle them and hold them down, while I hit them on the head with a rock or something.
I have to say that when we were greeted by the family that I did wonder.....I had a few thoughts about hillbillies and such..but they turned out to be very nice...although a bit strange, bunch of folks. And they had really cute, well taken care of, healthy puppies so there you have it. We found little Ross Jr.
We looked at the dogs, and chatted about......get this...belly dancing. Yep belly dancing. The lady of the house was a belly dancer. Cottonpicker declared that she had always wanted to learn the hula, and I really think that Mrs. Belly would have shown her...but alas she had just had knee surgery and was on a cane. Darn it. Now that would have been something to see. Cottonpicker and Mrs. Belly doing the hula. After a bit more interesting conversation we said our goodbyes, took our puppy and zoomed off into the sunset.
We roared back into Amarillo, did a little "unmentionable" shopping. And heading back to Canyon. We were on people over load and decided that pizza and oreos would be just the ticket for supper. We bathed ourselves and Ross jr. Put on our comfortable clothes kicked back and watched Planet of the Apes, ate pizza, talked and just generally chilled. Didn't using that expression, "chilled" make me sound young?
The next morning after a sleepless night. Yep sleepless. Cottonpicker spent much of her night taking Ross jr. outside to potty. And I spent most of my night listening to the train that just kept blowing his very loud train horn. Not only that but every time the horn would blow the neighbors donkey would cut lose. I think it might have been a young donkey in training. He had the most pitiful donkey holler that I have ever heard...and I heard it off and on all night.
The next morning after a healthy breakfast of donuts and coffee we went computer shopping, only to find that the computer store didn't open till 10:00, and neither did much of anything else. We killed a little time with more shopping and then finally arrived at Circuit City, where we asked way to many questions to a young man that obviously thought we were hicks from the sticks. I finally found the computer that I just knew Sara needed for her summer trip to Hungary. Yes she needed a web cam so we can see her! Yes she needed this computer so we can email and chat and such. I kept repeating that to myself as I wrote a check that put me into a hotflash. But before all that I had to keep telling the little sales personal that no I did not want the 150.00 package that did something that I didn't understand...and no I didn't want the 39:00 service that did???? And no I didn't want an extended warranty. All I wanted was the computer at the price that was listed on the box, nothing else. That seemed to puzzle them, but oh well, I was just a hick right? Oh...and after all this Cottonpicker just happened to mention, as I was writing out my check and showing my ID that was that the new ID that I got when I got out of prison! The poor little fella, I think he was so tired of us that if we had been holding an ax a piece he would have just went right on checking us out. He just wanted us gone. And for the record I have never been in prison. And I don't have a fake ID. Cottonpicker had way to much sugar for breakfast and the next time she goes with me I am going to make her sit in the car, locked, with the windows rolled up!
With all that done we headed back to the Land of Enchantment. It was a fun trip, and I have forgiven Cottonpicker for her unfounded slurs on my character. I will never let her eat donuts in my presence again. Bless her heart.
I hope you all had a rip roaring weekend yourselves. I am off to soak in the tub and go to bed. I am jest plumb give out.
God Bless and Happy Trails
Ranch Wife
4 comments:
Goodness! What a weekend! Sure am sorry I missed out! Thought of y'all when we drove through Canyon. Looks like you can't take Cottonpicker out in public anymore! I'll bet that saleman will be talking about y'all for a long time!
Yippee for new laptops, piddlin puppies, quilt shows and good friends!
Well, after reading about all of our adventures, I now know why I was plumb smooth wore out!! Makes you think about Thelma and Louise....except for the ending of course. Our day ended with steak and taters!
How fun! Good fun is good for us gals. Poor little puppies that "stank". Bless their little hearts, I'm surprized ya'll didn't just load up the momma, puppies and all and get them outta there. People are amazing! I really like the picture of you and dh, too!
Oh my. All I can do is laugh. This was great! Good idea about skipping on the crying dogs. Oh me, oh my. Crawfish pie and billie gumbo.
Post a Comment