Anyway here it is..
Buttermilk Pie..I should call these Cowboy pleasing Buttermilk pie. I feed these to the crew quite often and they go pretty fast. Plus I have a son whose name starts with T. that would walk over hot coals for one of these. He adores them and has even been know to beg and plead for a buttermilk pie.
One pie crust, unbaked. I make my own, shame on you if you don't.
2 cups of sugar
1/4 cup of flour
1 tsp real vanilla
3 eggs, slightly beaten
1/2 cup of real butter, don't you dare use margarine, melt butter
3/4 cup of buttermilk
mix all this up well and pour into unbaked pie shell that you have made yourself. bake at 325 for around 45 minutes. Stick a knife in, if it comes out clean the pie is done.
I never make just one of these. Usually 2 or 3 or 4 depending on how many I have to feed.
The finished product...yum.
God Bless and Happy Trails,
Ranch Wife
7 comments:
Yummmmmmmm, that sounds good. David's momma used to make Chess Pie. We all loved it, you didn't need a crust though because it made it's own. I found a wonderful buttermilk cake this fall and it's so good.
My Mammaw used to make chess pie as well. Lemon chess is really good. But the kind she made you had to put in a crust.
You should post the buttermilk cake. That sounds good. Like I need to make a cake, ha. Taylor brought home this huge sack of m&M's from Sams yesterday and needless to say everytime I walk in the kitchen they are calling my name!
Better get, I think Buck and I are going to head up to town for some Italian food. We are so cheap we split a plate and we can both eat for about 7 bucks. I need to get out of this house, the wind is driving me postal. Did yall get more snow? About half the ranch at Tatum burned yesterday. It almost got some of the houses, and the mares but they managed to get it turned before. Buck just got a truck load of 60 hd.of heifers from there. They haven't calved so he will be back in the calving business again. No telling what he will get into with them being hauled so heavy, but it couldn't be helped. He and Taylor roped an older cow in the pasture this afternoon and had to pull her calf. He said the calf was backwards and everything else. Plus it seems like he is sewing up a prolapse once a week or so. This dry weather has everything messed up. Bad Bad spring.
Love Ya
~M~
That pie looks divine! Thanks for sharing. I do believe my mom will absolutely love it! Sounds like your hubby has a lot work cut out for him babysitting those gals. One time my dad bought 10hd of 1st calf hfrs and I thought that was terrible! Had to pull every one!
Les
Ummm....looking good....but I don't see a coconut creme pie amongst all these.....
Yes I know I need to blog, but I would scorch your eyeballs if I attempted today. This has been quited a week and I promise before weekend's end, I will have a new one up. I will warn you though, you might need to wear sunglasses!!
Maybe you gals can help me - my mom made a pie one year for Christmas and she swears she doesn't remember making it, but she took about 4 cans sweetened condensed milk and put them in a pan of boiling water for a long time - it made some kind of carmel pie - have you heard of this? I know it was yummy! I don't know what chess pie is but I'm up for a recipe!
Sounds like life on the Ranch has been CRAZY - we've had wind - the kind that sends the dirt to swirlin' - I've eaten dirt now for one day . . . I'm sure Italian will be better! I didn't know there was another Rick and Paula out there sharing a plate of food!
Paula, I have never heard of that, but it sounds interesting. I do make a caramel cream pie, it is a pain to make but very good, but it does not use condensed milk. Look around the internet it might show up.
Cottonpicker if you would just hold on to your cotton sack you might just get a surprise one day soon. But if you keep whining....well I just don't know.
I was just kidding ya. I know you are up to your eyeballs in hay hauling, kids, and elder care.
Everybody have a great day. I have to go get groceries and a shower gift. I am a hostess at a bridal shower tomorrow and I totally forgot about it till a few days ago. Showing my age I guess. :)
~M~
Paula, I have never heard of that, but it sounds interesting. I do make a caramel cream pie, it is a pain to make but very good, but it does not use condensed milk. Look around the internet it might show up.
Cottonpicker if you would just hold on to your cotton sack you might just get a surprise one day soon. But if you keep whining....well I just don't know.
I was just kidding ya. I know you are up to your eyeballs in hay hauling, kids, and elder care.
Everybody have a great day. I have to go get groceries and a shower gift. I am a hostess at a bridal shower tomorrow and I totally forgot about it till a few days ago. Showing my age I guess. :)
~M~
Post a Comment