Well fellow bloggers, I hope all of you had a great holiday...those of you that got to take an actual holiday. No taking a holiday around here, just work work work.
Not complaining, I got to work in my yard yesterday, mowing, weeding, watering and such. Then got all the laundry done up, and finally cooked rib eyes on the grill for supper. Yum. I love steak. I could eat steak everyday. Steak is great. I wish I could do a 'Beef, it's whats for dinner' commercial.
Today DD, and youngest son and I zipped off to Hobbs bright and early for a dentist appointment. DD has braces, and they needed to be checked, tightened and such before she leaves for her summer "abroad", doesn't that sound just so....cultured? I should stick my nose in the air and really stress "abroaddddd, darling...." But I don't think I could pull it off.
We navigated through Wal-mart. It was an awful experience. I thought that the one Northish of me was bad but....this one was awful. I didn't know if we would get out with all our limbs in tact. I think we were nearly run over about every 10 steps. And did the people say,"oh sorry". I think not. They just glared, stared, and were generally rude. We got our eggs, detergent, and ice cream treats and made a hasty retreat.
The bright spot in the day was...I found I new quilt shop. Oh yes I did. And oh my, what a find, in little ole Lovington NM. It was great. It was wonderful. It was fabulous! I loved all ten minutes I was there. I had a puny feeling kid in the Jeep with the air running so I had to make it snappy. But oh my yes I will be going back!
Then youngest son and I stopped at the local nursery and purchased a beautiful red sage plant. Poor little guy got me two plants for mothers day...well an enraged beagle, tore them up Saturday while we were helping Ranchgirl move. When we got home and saw the mangled evidence, he just cried. I felt so bad, and could have very willingly shot a dog. That kid is ornery as they come, but his heart is so tender. He loves to buy presents, and DH made a special trip with him just so he could get me those plants. So coming home to them in bits and pieces all over the yard wasn't good. I promised him that we would replace them as soon as we went back to town. Needless to say, wal-mart didn't have what we needed. But we stopped and found just the right one. He is proud, and unloaded it and sat it in its place of honor on the porch. He already has a cage thing found to protect it from the enraged beagle. Darn dog. Sometimes I just hate dogs.
Well that's our day. Whew! I feel like I walked to town and back. With that being said I will say, adios for now.
God Bless and Happy Trails
Ranch Wife
9 comments:
Oh, you could pull it off! Please do, I need a good chuckle...hehehe.
Awe! That Nathan has always been irrisistable...gotta love a guy with such a thoughtful, tender heart. He's a charmer I tell you.
Glad you found a new "toy" store!
Sorry the dang dog dug up DS's plant - but you found some more right? So all is not lost.
I think we need to start a "Buy only American made" campaign. What do you think?
Speaking of dogs, my little weinie dog that you made me buy is eating raw liver on my clean carpet!!! Ugh! Oh well...and as far as quilt shops go, I haven't finished the yo-yo's I didn't start!
Why is it so exhausting to go to Walmart? UUgghh....
That is so sweet of your little guy....Countrygirl..I love the idea of Buying American!! I do try but it's amazing how little is made here in the ol USA.
Beef it IS what's for dinner & supper in our house! Our favorite steak is a ribeye...sounds like you had a wonderful supper!, I make a BlackJack sauce to put on them and then dip into when you eat...pretty darn good eatin!
Yep Countrygirl, I really really try and buy american, but it is hard. Read dirt road woman's blog. I think she found about 3 things in walmart that were made in America. I got new glasses this week from Sams and when I got them home I noticed that...yep..they were made in China.
Burns my hide!
Cottonpicker, I did not make you buy that dog. And before you complain about him eating raw liver on your clean carpet..ask yourself this question..how did Slack get the raw liver? Who gave Slack the raw liver? And who is letting him eat raw liver on a clean carpet? Even if I did, and I didn't make you buy that dog. I have no control over how he is raised.
Aw yo yo's..I am ashamed to say that I have not finished my project as of yet.
OK Les...you know it is a blogging rule when one speaks of something good to eat, one must share the recipe. Thats just the way it is, and that sounds very good.
Have a great day
God Bless and Happy Trails
Ranch Wife
Black Jack Sauce
1/2 cup Jack Daniels Whiskey
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup ketchup
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp garlic powder
Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan. Simmer until slightly thickened, 5-10 mins. Makes about 1 1/2 cups. Brush onto your steaks, chicken or pork just before they are done...save the rest to dip into at the table! Enjoy!
Um, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you know...blogging is a responsibility....
:)
Ranch Wife...where are you? Blogging police is coming soon!! You're getting as bad as Paula! ha ha
Blog post! Blog post! Blog post!
Auntie M. Now really. It has been NINE DAYS since you blogged. We are blog deficient! Come now, put us our of our misery and POST darnit. Don't make me go make you.
Post a Comment