Friday, February 6, 2009

Still alive and kicking.....

Hello all you blogging buddies. Just wanted to stop a minute and say Hi. So Hi. I am still here, just consumed with life right at the moment.

Sorry, I have had a few questions and I didn't respond. Not because I don't care, don't want you to ever think that...but because I am just consumed with life right now.

So to Broken Y. I am so sorry you can't read the text. I will try and fix that. Or I will have my own private hacker do it for me....not sure I can. But I did notice myself that it was hard to read. So you are not alone. :) :)

Kellie...we were in Silver City NM. Beautiful place really. Just strange atmosphere. And then again, we don't get out much, and we tend to get weirded out by a lot of things. :) :) Could have been very normal, we may be the weird ones.

Well life is calling, gotta run. Oh....... I still have not decided on my grandmother name....and its almost time!!!!!! Yikes!!!!!!!! This is a very important moment in my life, and I don't have a name! And as I said I want to be sure about this name because it could end up on my tombstone...unless Jesus comes, and I don't have a tombstone...which would be mighty fine by me. But I like to be prepared either way. So......what do yall think about...

Grandy
Grammy
Or here is my original thought, not original cause it was what the girls in Little Women called their mother but I like it.....Marmee, is that the way it is spelled????

Now my mama is Granny....keep that in mind, and I don't want to confuse little Tadpole.

Ok I want to take a vote...what do yall think? And keep in mind that I will go ahead and do what I want anyway....but I do appreciate input. And No Dirtroad Scrapper I will not be any of those strange foreign names that you googled. Although Ya Ya might not be so bad....but I am not Greek, just a hard headed German....so don't think it will work.

Well I am off..

God Bless and Happy Trails

RanchWife

16 comments:

little apple tally said...

Is it a coincidence that another blogger I read, The Country Doctor's Wife, just had a blog on Grandma's names yesterday.
http://countrydoctorswife.blogspot.com/
There are a variety of opinions in the comments there.
I personally am known as Grandma Sharon. My grandkid's all have many Grandma's and it doesn't seem to bother them that they all go by extended names. Grandma Sharon, Grandma Mary Jo, etc.
At family gatherings someone says Grandma and we all look to see where the eyes are directed.

Anonymous said...

Grammy???? I suggested that and you SCOFFED!
I also suggested a good german name, Omie. But you SCOFFED at that too.
I'm not really feeling Grandy... isn't that what Granny wanted to be???
Anyway, that's my opinion. As you said, you'll go ahead and do what ya want anyways. :)

Ranch wife said...

Oh My Word...L.A.T...thank you for the recommendation! I bounced over there and she is a HOOT ! Loved her blog and will be back. Thanks.

Ranchgirl.......I never scoff!

~M~

Ranch Wife said...

Well I for one think we should keep a tally of who votes for what and add that to the ones we come up with at the baby shower tomorrow. Gramsy...Oma (in keeping with your German heritage)...or...hmmm let me sleep on it. Oh, and I'll pretend to not be highly offended that I put so much time and effort into my international granny research and you scoffed at it! Humph!

LeAnna said...

My Mom finally decided she'd be Grammy sometimes known as Grams. She calls herself that all the time, I hope you are prepared. Soon you will refer to your DH as Grandpa (or whatever he's gonna be called) all the time, it's crazy how it happens. :P

Joshua said...

Froggy is still best.

And I am with RanchGirl. Yes, you scoff.

Joshua

KELLI MC said...

If those are the choices I would say grammy. My mother is known to my children as Nana. We call her Nana Banana. My sisters mother-in-law is Mim.

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

My husband's folks are Grandpa and Grandma...my folks are MeMe and PaPa. The great grandparents are Grandma...no great grandpa's left--only Grandma's. I kind of like Grandy!

Countrygirl said...

DH and I are still rootin' for Froggy! But....if you don't want that one - how about Mamaw? Some kids at school say, Noni, Grammy, Grams, Mammy, Nana.

cottonpicker said...

Weezer.....it should be weezer!!

Joshua said...

My dad reminded me of what my sister called my grandma. Magaw! Yep. That's the best way to say it. Kind of dyslexic sounding, but it worked.

Joshua

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

Forgot the main reason I stopped by here the other day....Happy Belated Bday to you. Hope it was a good one and I apologize for the belatedness!!! Can't depend on my thinker!!!

Joy said...

Hey you! Oma is the coolest Grandma name. Of course Buck would have to be called Ompa, I think that is Grandpa in German.... Another good one is Nana and Papa... I like Marmee too. It has to be original and one you love. God only knows you are going to be hearing it ALL the time. Anyways, the shower was great. Thanks for inviting me. It was a nice outing for Shiloh and I. Talk to you soon.

Paula said...

Imagma - "I'm a g ma" Too Hard? How about Grammy? My boys call Grandma Renie - "Germa Weinie" and Grandma Vera - "Germa Vera" and Grandpa Ron - "Grandma Daddy". Wait - how about, "Hot Mamaw"!

Happy Late Birthday!!

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!
I made the angel biscuits last night(finally) with supper and they are Divine! Taking a few back to work with me to share with the gals. Love the recipe and so much appreciate it!
Les

Joy said...

I love the pictures of Mary, Martha and Lazarus.... Great names... I grew up in both the city first then Capitan. Obviously learned to skate in Ruidoso and TorC.. Brand has decided he wants sidewalks and a driveway now.... Don't think that will happen... I would rather pay the money to skate in town than to have anything else that would make it hotter out here.. I hope you have a blessed day...