Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Wind Event?

Strange name for a post huh? Well that is what the weather said we would have yesterday....and if I am not mistaken tomorrow as well. Why do they call it a wind event? Why does the stupidity of being politically correct have to slop over into weather? I guess the term 'wind event' is just a nicer way of saying the wind is going to blow so hard that you will very likely lose your mind by the end of the day. Maybe they think that it will make the more sensitive souls feel better and remain in denial that yes the wind is blowing, the dirt is blowing and it isn't even March. Myself...I just like to face the day knowing the truth. Don't be telling me that we are having a 'wind event'. Tell me to batten down the hatches, take the small children and dogs into the house...except for my weiner dog....she is...well...lets just say that she reminds me of a paper weight. She is just a tad fluffy. And therefore is safe from being blown away in any wind event.

Wind....is there a place in this US of A that it does not blow? If there is I would like to know all about it, and possible move there. Yall might as well get used to 'Windy' posts coming from this corner of the earth...ha ha get it 'windy'. OK so that was not all that funny. But it is morning, and yall know how I feel about mornings. Anyway all of us down here are obsessed with the wind. Why? Because it blows all the time...or much of the time...a lot of the time. Lets just say that we have lots of wind. Not much rain, and lots of dirt. Well I am tired of talking wind.

In other news.....hum.....Oh yes...this morning as I was trying to pry my eyelids open to meet and greet the day, our herd of dogs began their 'we have company' barking. We they have different barks for different things. There is the ever so vicious 'we have a coyote' bark. There is the, 'the neighbors are driving by bark.' The famous there is a repair man on the property bark...that one is usually accompanied by running,and barking at the same time...just to greet the repair man. They usually take this all wrong. Just last week I stood and watched as the phone repair man made a hasty retreat back into his truck as Rambo raced out to greet him and make him feel welcome. He jumped back in, picked up his phone and was apparently trying to call someone...the law, animal control....no he was trying to call my DH and see if it was safe to get out. Good grief what a whimp. They meant no harm. All Rambo wanted to do was wet on his tires, and the others just wanted to bark at him. I guess I should be ashamed that I stood and watched all this from my kitchen window....but I don't get out much, and sometimes I have to find my entertainment where I can get it. So after the guilt and shame got a hold of me, I did go out and tell Rambo to leave him alone, and made him come back into the house with me. The poor man seemed relieved and finally got out of his truck and proceeded to try and fix the phone...which he said was fixed when he left..but started acting naughty again later in the day. But that is another story.

Anyway where was I.....oh the 'we have company bark'. Well I heard the roar of a motorcycle. We only know one person with a motorcycle..yes it was THE GRIFF. 30 degrees, 7 in the morning,who else would it be. So he came in chatted with DH ate some awesome pancakes that I whipped up, drank some awesome coffee that DH dripped up, get it, dripped, coffee makers drip....oh well...I told you it is morning. No I don't find it strange that The Griff should show up. That is pretty normal for him. At least I didn't stumble down the stairs and find him sitting on the couch at 5 or was it 6 in the morning, it was dark, that is all I know, and he almost made me have a heart attack. But at least he fed himself breakfast. I do prefer my company to show up in the light of day. My heart thanks you.

DH has wandered off to pour the unending stream of feed from his feeder, Griff went along for the ride. N is supposed to be out doing his chores...so we can commence with school....he tends to disappear for long stretches of time..I will have to go and round him up..in a few minutes. DD is working everyday all day this week, her boss is on a working vacation in Cal. Makes me jealous. And I know that is a sin. And I have housework to do. Yuck. I can't decide to dust, or just let it go since we are supposed to have another 'wind event' tomorrow. Oh the decisions I must make! And I really really need to do some baking. DH informed me this morning that I was out of bread. I informed him that they sold it in town. And I was informed by the look on his face that that was not acceptable. Spoiled man.

And I got a blog award. Really I did. " The Ranch" is so sweet. I really think we would get along swimmingly if we ever get to meet in person. But she awarded me an award....but I really don't know how to get it over here. I called my hacker this morning and she moaned, why do my girls always moan when I mention anything about a computer? I don't think they are very respectful. Anyway I will have my hacker work on it. But......I just want to say...I do appreciate it...but I don't think that I can pick more people to give it too because I like you all. I can't pick out just a few...it would have to be all of you. Sooooo in light of that I award you all this award...






This award was created with the following in mind:"These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award."

I just could not chose....I think of you all as friends. So congrats!

Well I gotta get.
Have a great day
God Bless and Happy Trails,
Ranchwife

9 comments:

Joy said...

I can't figure out why you can't e-mail me... Go figure... Oh, the kids want to know if you all are going to the 4-h dance Saturday night. Actually is Nathan going??? We decided to go as a family. They were hoping to have someone to play with.... Let me know. Better get on with Brands reading. See ya Friday...

Ranch wife said...

Yep we will be there with bells on. Nathan is the Beau for our club...so we must go and pay homage.

~M~

LeAnna said...

You crack me up.

We had a wind event here yesterday. They call 'em Tornados.

Countrygirl said...

I tried sending some snow but the wind wouldn't let it in!

cottonpicker said...

Windy...hmmmm maybe a cool "grandma" name.....oh by the way....thanks for all the miracle grow potting soil and sand you sent our way....I think mine went to dirtscrapper's house....

Joshua said...

Ginger is not fluffy. She has short hair. Sorry Ranch Wife. She is "round".

I decided it best not to show up at such an early hour this time since you don't need any more trauma. I believe it was 5:00. Oh, and thank Buck for me. I really enjoyed visiting with him yesterday.

That darned wind kicked me out of washing an airplane twice this week. I was going to get $100 of credit toward flight training for it too.

Well, thanks for the pancakes again and don't blow away.

Joshua

Ranch Wife said...

Hmmm..no wind here. Just sayin.

Paula said...

Well . . . wind is common in Kansas! When it's not blowing, we are out looking up at the sky . . . watching and waiting!

Gumbo Lily said...

Out here, we use a heavy logging chain hanging from the fence post to measure the wind speed!!

Jody