Tuesday, February 17, 2009

When the wind howls.......

Eat Pie! Yes I have fallen. Fallen into the deep abyss of sugar and chocolate. Yes I know that a few posts ago I made an announcement that I was going to banish sugar from my diet. Alas.....it is not to be. I caved. I fell. I lusted after pie! The shame of it is almost to much! Here it is the plate of sin.......



And here is the bowl that the vile sinful stuff was eaten in...you notice that it is empty.........



I am praying the wind lays tonight.....because tomorrow I may be forced to eat the other pie. Yes I made 2....one chocolate...the other lemon. I didn't show that one to you because I didn't want to confess that I had it. But I do. It may be calling my name......

OK Now that I have confessed I feel free. Free from the shame and guilt of secret pie eating....whew.

Just so you know I didn't sit around and eat pie allllll day. Just part of it. I updated my blog...as you see. And I added music. I thought the Tumbleweed song was right on the mark for what is going on here today. Except they are not tumbling...they are flying.

And I worked on this. I am actually sitting here working on it while blogger uploads my pictures...I wish it was faster....I may be bored and have to eat more pie.....



This is my quilt guilds project for the year. I am behind...way behind. We are doing the Magic Vine quilt by Eleanor Burns. It is fun but fiddly. I was aiming for a queen size quilt...but it is shrinking to a wall hanging very fast. :) I love the flowers here is a Phlox.........



If only these were in my yard and not just on my kitchen table...oh spring where are you?

God Bless and Happy Trails

RanchWife

13 comments:

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

Love the music...quite appropriate for here as well. We're having a "wind event" too...not quite like yours, but enough.
You weren't kiddin when you said you were off to make pies!ha ha
I proceeded to make those heavenly Angel Biscuits with chicken and noodles for supper tonite...delish...not on my diet...don't care...well I do, but.

Joshua said...

Pie! I like pie.

Joshua

Anonymous said...

I want a pie.

Countrygirl said...

It must be me you are eating for - I still can only taste broccoli, spicy salsa, and well seasoned steak! (sometimes) Thank you. I like the quilt - even if it's a wall hanging.

PS we are trying to get away in July - we'll be in Brownwood 10th -13th. So if earlier in the months will work for ya'lll - maybe a get together willl happen. Pampa sounds good to meet at. Let me know!

Ranch Wife said...

A pie and quilt day! Sounds like the perfect solution to a windy day!

Paula said...

Yum! It's blowing 90 to nothing here - I need some pie - chocolate is my favorite!

Joy said...

You deserve pie!.. You are at the perfect age to do whatever you want. Enjoy life and never feel guilty about eating pie...There are some things in life you just gotta do.... I am so jealous of your quilts. I just don't have the mind to do something that complicated. You are great at what you do. God Bless...

Anonymous said...

I tried to take the snowflakes off your header, but I can't because it was saved like that, and I don't have the original anymore. If Sara still has the original, she can email it to me, and then I can just start all over.

cottonpicker said...

I WANT PIE !!! LOVE your new look - I can actually read it with my old eyes!! Speaking of tumbleweeds, I believe one of yours just tumbled by!!

Triple L Band said...

Hey I like sugar!!! It is always a challenge to try to forget it is there! I told the guys if I could have one food that would actually feed me and it could be any food I would pick DONUTS!! Looks like you all are doing great! email me sometime! AmY

LeAnna said...

mmmm, I have had your chocolate pie and it's delish...
B always says no one can turn down pie. Cake yes, but never pie.

Anonymous said...

This is old news, I'm sick of seeing a half eaten pie and not being able to partake of any.
New news please.

Gumbo Lily said...

CUTE quilt blocks. Oh I love them!! And as for the pie...I thought I'd give up desserts and such, but I have caved to a few slices of banana bread with my afternoon coffee (and today, brownies). My 18yo son said, "Mom, why would you want to go into your golden years without dessert?" (my golden years?)

Jody