Well yall already know if you have read my DD's posts and such that we woke to snow this morning. Not a flake of snow all winter long and here it is spring and we have snow. Oh well...we just take it as it comes.
But I am not gona complain. Nope I am not. It has been a pretty alright kind of day. The phone rings this morning around 8:30 and it is oldest DS, no hello no hi how are you dear mother. Not him he asked..."whats for dinner." I told him I didn't know, hadn't gotten that far in the day but if he was coming there would be something here. In about an hour he arrived with dirty clothes, and Alvin and the Chipmunks the DVD for youngest DS to watch. The weather was so bad that it earned him a couple of days off after the feed run was made. He hasn't been home in quite a few weeks so it is always good to have him here....even though he is a nut. Not many people know that, he is very quite...until he gets to know you, but here at home he is a total goof.
About 11:00 am DD's boss called and told her not to come in today we live about 22 miles from her work. But they didn't want her to have to come due to the weather. They are such good folks.
So it has been nice. It has been along time since all the kids, or most of the kids have been here at the same time. I did call RanchGirl and ask her if they were keeping Tadpole all warm and covered up. She assured me they were. They are having friends out tonight and we have Cowboy Church or I would have persuaded them to come over as well. I haven't seen my little Tadpole since Sunday!!!!!!!!!!
I spent the morning cooking the tally is
5 loaves of bread
a batch of chocolate chip cookies
Chicken Fried hamburger patties
Mashed potatoes
Gravy
I love gravy..it should be a food group.
And something else...it escapes me right now.
Well with that I need to mosey on. It is cold here in the kitchen...the wind is howling..and has been since about 1 this morning, but the clouds are breaking up. Yikes it will be cold tonight!
Yall put another log on the fire and stay warm.
God Bless and Happy Trails
RanchWife
7 comments:
My bunch will be moseying in and out all weekend...laundry in tow but that's okey dokey. I will never turn a kid away just cause they have a month's worth of laundry - comes with the territory!I myself have been busy in the kitchen. A pot roast with taters and carrots, fried sirloin steak, and a peach cobbler. You sound just like a "granny". That's okay too - they need our years of wisdom and love. Don't blow away!
My bunch will be moseying in and out all weekend...laundry in tow but that's okey dokey. I will never turn a kid away just cause they have a month's worth of laundry - comes with the territory!I myself have been busy in the kitchen. A pot roast with taters and carrots, fried sirloin steak, and a peach cobbler. You sound just like a "granny". That's okay too - they need our years of wisdom and love. Don't blow away!
Have a wonderful weekend!
I TOTALLY agree with you...Gravy should be it's own food group...I do love gravy and am proud my mama and grandmas taught me well!!!
How is it that I came a day early? Cookies! DS! Hmph. I guess I should show up more often and ask about Taylor so he might just show up more. Enjoy the gravy ;)
Joshua
I am very jealous of the snow. I just left Kansas the other day to come back home to georgia and they are in the throws of a blizzard and I am jealous. I live to much in the south for the winter weather I adore! so I am just having to live vicariously(sp?) through everyone else!
How sad, you need a visit with your Grandtadpole! My Momma is calling me begging to see the baby, she goes into Grammie withdraws on a regular basis. Like every other day. Ha! You Grandma's are baby crazy if you ask me... ;)
Snow in Texas, huh? Now that's something! I'm glad it brought the kids home for dinner and laundry. I totally agree with you that gravy should be a food group. I LOVE it!
jody
Post a Comment