Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Wordless Wednesday??????

Hum....don't think that will work for me. I mean it is very hard for me to be wordless. I most always have something to say...may not be of much benefit to mankind...but I always have an opinion.

So what has been going out here in the boondocks? Well I will show you. First....gardening.



Pardon the shadow it was late afternoon. That is lovely cabbage. I adore cabbage...which is weird because I think eating lettuce is the equivalent to eating grass. I may have gotten a tad out of control with my cabbage planting. I have been teasing DH that I was going to lay in a stash of sauerkraut for the winter. I may just try it. I remember my Mamaw making it...barely, I just remember the smell..yuck.



DS planting radishes. He hates the things, you would have to tie him down to get him to eat them....but he likes to plant 'em.



Cucumbers....yum!



No sign of the 40 gazillion peppers that I planted..but I have great hopes they will emerge soon...same with the 40 gazillion tomatoes



Random chicken picture. I have to say..I love these chickens. I got out of my box last year and ordered these...I have always had Production reds, or barred rocks. They are great as well.....but these are my new favorites. They are Black Sex Links. They are huge, but so pretty. And they are laying machines. Plus they are so gentle. They don't swoop at you like some chickens are known to do..they are very lady like.



I made this for my Mom's birthday...it is called the Church Lady apron. They are east to make....except for the pockets....they are fiddly. And they are reversable....cool huh?







This one is mine....and I really use it..here is the proof....flour on the pocket...



Do any of you wear aprons? I love aprons. My Mamaw always worn an apron...we should have buried her in one, we always said when we get to heaven we will probably find her in the Lords kitchen whipping out cookies and biscuits. :)

Well that is my Wordless Wednesday...with words.

God Bless and Happy Trails

RanchWife

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want a apron!

LeAnna said...

I love the aprons!!!

Paula said...

I would love to wear an apron - Bailey made one for home ec but I haven't taken the time to make myself one! Feel free to send one of those beauts my way! hehe

I've got potatos in the ground and was going to do more but they are calling for snow! I'll wait a bit!

I have been told that I can carry on a stimulating conversation with a tree - so I don't think I can do a wordless Wednesday either!

Blessings~
P.

Ranch Wife said...

I'll trade you some cats for some of those beautiful chickens!

I love my aprons too - might have to borrow that pattern.

I'm envious of your garden - mine is still in the planning stages. I had better get to it. According to Cottonpicker (aka:weather girl) your garden may be receiving a coat of snow tomorrow!

Yep - I had to laugh when I read 'Wordless Wednesday' on YOUR blog! LOL! That would be a first! Grin! And yes, that is an example of the pot calling the kettle black!

Countrygirl said...

Oh how I wish I could plant something outside! It's been snowing all week - not sticking, but making it very cold. It was 36when I came home from work! Your plants look really good!

We are turning our back yard into a raised bed patio type thing. I have big plans but don't know if we'll get it all done.

I wear aprons, the kids laugh at me but I am a VERY messy cook! Those are so cute!!!

Gumbo Lily said...

Looks like you're going to have a big ol' garden! I love cabbages too.

Your hens are very good looking. I've never had sex links but hear they're good layers.

And those aprons are terrific! I always wear an apron when I'm in the kitchen cuz I'm such a messy cook. I'm always looking for another good pattern. You've sure whipped up a lot of 'em. Care to share where you found the pattern? I like the reversible-ness of it.

Jody

P.S. Glad your family liked the Bake-over recipe!

Heidi said...

OOOOOOOOO Saur Kraut!! I make it by the gallon, seriously! I make an 8/10 gallon somtimes both FULL of the delicious stuff! Thanks for stopping over and I will be back here!! :) p.s. I LOVE your aprons.

Ranch wife said...

Gumbo Lilly...I found the pattern on-line from a place called..Create for less.com. The site is huge! They are very prompt with the shipping and so forth. But you can google it and it is sold several places. They are fun to make and only take a yard of fabric, well two one for the front and one for the back.

Hey Heidi, glad you stopped by. Maybe you could share your recipe for sauerkraut...hint hint. :)

HAve a great day to all of you.

~M~