Tuesday, December 29, 2009

I have a confession to make.........

I basically have not done a cotton-picking thing all day long. It is cold and snowy and the house is warm and comfortable...well as comfortable as it can be when one has 2 yes I said 2 living room sets in ones living room. There is a reason...and I will get to that in a minute. It is a riveting story.

I have been under the weather so to speak for almost a week. And today I can see a tiny speck of light at the end of the tunnel. And I am glad because it has been pretty dark the last few days. I had almost given up hope that life would go on...so that is a tad dramatic..but I am full of York Peppermint candy. Yes I know...Gumbo Lilly mentioned that peppermint tea was good for what ails you..but I figured that York Peppermint patties did have peppermint and the added benefit on chocolate..for the hormones you know. Peppermint and chocolate....doesn't get any better then that I say.

Knee deep have I been in Christmas gifts..and I have pretty much worn my fingers to the bone. My quilt to RanchGirl is not finished, but I let her see it and touch it and promised that it would be by....hopefully the end of January.I made aprons, wildrags, and knitted two hats...yes I said knitted. I KNITTED TWO HATS!!! I am so into hats now..can't wait till next Christmas..everyone will get a hat. And I waited for the UPS man. I spent every afternoon waiting for the UPS man. I had fabric coming from Montana...cute pinup cowgirl fabric that I just had to have to make my oldest DS a pillowcase. How fun that would be I thought. A cowgirl pinup pillowcase for a 20 year old young cowboy. And then I had second thoughts....was it to much? Was it tacky? What kind of mother would make her dear wholesome homeschooled ranchraised young gentleman in training a pinup cowgirl pillowcase? My DD came home from work saw the material and replied..."its scandalous Mama just scandalous!" My DH commented on the beauty of their....boots. My youngest just turned red and said, "well they have all their clothes on mama." I am an awful mother....but I paid nine dollars a yard for this fabric and a pillowcase it became. And I must say that DS seemed to like it..a lot. And I will get pictures up of all of this whenever the weather clears a bit and my over the airwaves connection is connecting better.

Did I mention waiting on the UPS man? I ordered my DH a hat when we were at the WRCA finals in Amarillo in November. The man has not had a new hat in almost 10 years. His work hat was getting to the point that it just looked like something that needed to be shot off his head. Some kind of beaten up black varmint. His good hat was getting sad as well...it will become his work hat. There were custom hat people selling and measuring and showing off their wares and I promptly drug him over had him measured and let him pick out what he wanted and got that rascal ordered. They told me it would be here by Christmas. They called me two weeks before Christmas and said they were shipping it....I waited....I waited some more and I waited till Christmas Eve....I zoomed to the post office...no hat...I met the UPS man on my road. I was so excited..came home...no hat, he had been at my neighbors. I really started to hope that there was a Santa Clause and that he had my hat....But alas it was not to be. No Christmas hat. I was so sad. But I did have a few things for my DH and he was just hunky dory with it all. He never lets the small stuff get him down, brave soul. So Monday we checked the mail. No hat. We called the fine folks down Texas way...I was a tad concerned when I saw my check had come through the bank and we had no hat. Well they were just stunned, they said you should have had that hat a week ago. And they were going to look into it and call us back. Three hours later we still had not heard a word. We called back, they were still looking. How hard can this be? Finally DH's phone goes off...it is the hat people. They found his hat. It had been pushed back behind somethings and they just came upon it. Hump. I asked him if he had given them a chewing out since the shipping on this hat had been $20.00? He just grinned and said "well no.....she kept calling me honey and darl'n and sweetie, and kept saying "bless your heart". Oh you know those Texas women...they get a man on the phone and they just know how to sugar everything up and use that Texas drawl to their advantage..how dare they! Oh wait..I am a Texas woman..but I would never, never stoop to such lows...Bless my heart. Anyway the hat will be here soon.

So you can see that I have been busy...which is why I have been a lazy bum all day. Sitting in my living room trying to decide if I want to go red or brown. My mother gave me a red living room set. Couch, loveseat, chair an ottoman. The intention being to haul it to Texas and put it in our house down there, since I have no furniture in it. Then I got to thinking that I might like to keep it and take the brown furniture that I have been using down instead. So my DH being the kind man that he is hauled this in last night and we set it up so that I could see if I liked it and how comfortable this was before we made the final decision. Soooo the brown furniture is piled up at the end of the room. It is driving me batty. Oh the decisions I have to make! DD walked in last night and said..say this with a Texas accent to get the full affect..."B....AM". Yes it is bright, it is very red, and it looked very good in my mom's den because it is very large. My room is very small. I love red. It is my most favorite color...but you can have too much red. My DD also made mention that the color red made you feel mad. My DH then made mention that he thought maybe the red needed to go because he didn't need anything else to tempt me to anger...see how they are. I am the most mild tempered person alive. I don't understand where they get these things...Bless their hearts. But I am feeling the red. It is so much more comfortable then my other stuff. Ask me how I know...because my behind has been planted in it for much of the day. That's how I know...research.

In other news our anniversary is tomorrow. Yep it is...26 years we have been hitched. We are going on a date to eat food that hasn't been prepared by a sad looking teenager and eating it on plates that will break and drinking out of real glass. I am hoping for Red Lobster..I have a hankering for salmon. We might even take in a movie...provided there is something playing that won't scald out our eyes in the first ten minutes...not counting on the movie...the only "nice" movie that is playing I think has something to do with talking Chipmunks...DH does not like singing and talking Chipmunks...says it just isn't natural.

Well my supper is bubbling away and I need to go and have a look at it. Hope yall all have a Happy New Year.

God Bless and Happy Trails
RanchWife

Rebecca..thanks for the award you are sweet. My blog hacker is supposed to retrieve it for me.....Oh blog Hacker...I am going to have to fire you if you don't do your job...Ha just kidding....she did my new background isn't it pretty?

BK..I have not forgotten about the quilt..I promise..I am coming back from the brink of death and I will get the measurements to you...

Ta Ta all

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wannna see the pillowcase!!
And a HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO YOU TWO LOVEBIRDS!!!!
Enjoy your date (I recommend skipping the movie...talking teenage chipmunks...ewww)

Paula said...

Please tell me where you find the time to do that fun stuff? I want to make an apron. Do you have an easy cute pattern?

Sit your fanny down and don't move. Good grief, you've been busier then a cat . . . something! I love red also! Make brown pillows, that will knock off the "B..AM" with the Texas drawl.

Rats about the hat! I am waiting on the UPS man to deliver my new saddle that DH surprised me with!!! woot woot!

Snuggle up with your DH on that red furniture and see how angry you feel!

Blessings~
P.

Rebekah said...

Hehehe! You are too funny!! I love the pillowcase story, and I about died at your chipmunk comment. You bet for the award...matter of fact I was going to tell you that if you'd like you're more than welcome to join my private blog. Either leave me a comment with your email address, or email me. My blogger email is proudcowgirl4jesus@gmail.com. :)

Hmmm...can I bargain for one of those knitted hats?? ;D

Anonymous said...

Haha love the "research" on the couch!! Does the red and brown go together maybe you could mix and match?? So you don't have the B..AM effects but ya still get your red :)my mom decided she wasn't going to cook anymore. She decided this Christmas morning! So our Christmas dinner was prepared by a sad looking teenager (me) wearing camo pajamas and a horse fabric/jean apron... Talk about a fashion statement!! Haha!! On the quilt... I scanned my pattern and was getting ready to email it to you... Along with detailed drawings on my predicament :)

Brandie said...

I love the pillow case idea. Can I order one too?! Like you aren't busy enough! Can we at least get pictures of it?! I love pinups. Have a great great time on your anniversary dinner. I can only hope my guy puts up with me that long! Love your blog!

Joshua said...

Many thanks to you and your daughter for slaving away for me. I really like that wildrag and it keeps me warm. It was especially appreciated today while stacking two and a half cords of oak in the snow. Happy 26 years! A couple months and my parents will reach 26. In reference to your red furniture... remember, new furniture always feels better than what you have. New wears off (even if it just new to you.) Just a thought :) Eat up all that peppermint!

Joshua

Unknown said...

Go see The Blind Side if it is still on in your part of the world, we just returned from Carnegie Ok seeing it a second time...while our chipmunks saw the chipmunks!
mary
merryyon.blogspot.com

LeAnna said...

I bet the red set looks fantastic, bold and all!

Brenda said...

Thank you! While I was reading your blog this morning, the most wonderful worship music started playing on my laptop! Thank you! My CD player is broken and I haven't been able to listen to worship here in the office for a while. When I was talking to the Lord this morning ... I told Him that I sure miss the worship music in the background all day! Again ... I say Thank you for providing this blessing to my morning!

Kelle at The Never Done Farm said...

Happy 26th Anniversary!

Just found your blog, via Mrs. Bee's. I love it!

My Dh and I will be celebrating our 26th, in mid March, all total we've been together( courting before marriage) for 29 yrs.

Blessings and we'll be back on a regular basis.
Kelle from "The Never Done Farm"

Mikey said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!

little apple tally said...

Love your playlist. Our tastes in music must be very similar.

If you want red in your living room.... and hubby doesn't mind.... go for it! I'm thinking red would be a good match for you! Just a little spice?

Ranch Wife said...

Red makes me happy...go figure. Add some brown, earth tone pillows and a homey quilt and tell them to quit complainin.

Waiting for pictures of the pillowcase, furniture and DH in that new hat, because I'm not gonna recognize him.

Hope you're feeling better and as far as I'm concerned Peppermint patties cure just about anything!

Congratiulations on 26 years to both of you! Enjoy that salmon, planning on indulging in smoked salmon tomorrow night ourselves.

Rachel said...

Happy anniversary!!!

Linda said...

Just found your blog via Mrs. Bee. Congrats on 26 years.....quite a feat in these times!

Gumbo Lily said...

I swear, life's practically all about "shipping and handling" and it's so frustrating when you get nothing for it! Glad the man's hat did finally arrive. How does he look?

Red furniture sounds divine to me. I love red too, but have no red furniture (yet). You could add brown pillows to make it more soothing perhaps?

Happy Anniversary! Oh BTW, the movie, Sherlock Holmes is great -- so my kids say! They loved it.

Jody

Ranch wife said...

Thank you all for your kind comments. And the movie advice. We have been loading a trailer all afternoon and will be headed to Texas Lord willing, in the morning. Hope to be back Saturday or Sunday. I have lots of pictures to share...so be ready!

I hope each and everyone of you have a very blessed New Year. And thank all of you new visitors for stopping by..I love having company. :)

Love to all

~M~
who is off to have a bath and get ready for my date!

cottonpicker said...

Can I send you a red light bulb to go with your new couch..HEEEE HEEE...just kidding! Bet it looks great. Happy Aniversary. Hope you two have a fun day. After that many years, you deserve it :=)

Ranch wife said...

OK I went red! I am becoming used to it and it is more comfortable so red it is.

Brenda..I almost deleted the music player and decided not too. Glad you were blessed.

Little Apple...I love music. Bluegrass is a favorite...country...but I am pretty disappointed in much of it now a days. Contemporary christian, some, but most of it I don't care for. I love the hymns and I don't care for highbrow stuff.

Kellie Congratulations on 26 years yourself! I hope you and your hubby have many more.

~M~

Ranch wife said...

Oh, I forgot.

I will have a picture of the pillowcase..soon, I hope.

Paula I used a pattern called "The Church Ladies Apron" You can find it on line..also just your plain old Macalls have some cute patterns, if they still have these at your local Walmart..look there.

~M~