Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Snow, Quilting and Cookies

Snow! We had snow. A heavy wet kind of snow. It was great...and it was even greater when the sun came out today. I am not sure I could live where there was snow on the ground all winter.....But I love it for the day or two that it shows up here. There is something so peaceful about snow fall. Quite and beautiful.

For beautiful pictures go on over to my DD#2's blog. She took some great ones, which means I don't have to....I hate uploading!

Cookies, quilting and snowy cold days.....hum....lots of cookies. I confess most generally I am not a huge eater.....but give me a pan cookies, a cold day and a quilt to work on and I become a monster, a cookie eating monster. Oh Dear Lord let the sun shine and the weather warm up before I become completely undone and eat the rest of the batch of wonderful frosted cookie yummieness that my DD cooked up yesterday!

We are not supposed to get out of the 30's tomorrow.....I hope I can keep control of the cookie eating monster.

I don't know what it is about a quilting project that puts me in the mood for snacking. Once I ate a whole big bag of M&M's while working on a quilt. It just happened. I didn't mean it to. One minute it was full and the next I was.....of M&M's. I didn't eat an M&M for about 6 months after that.

Projects...Christmas projects to be exact. I striving towards a goal....I will NOT be working on anything on Christmas Eve. I will not.

God Bless and Happy Trails
RanchWife

A note to my blog hacking daughter......It is December ya know. Even though I don't have one Christmas decoration up in my house...you can feel free to Christmas up my blog.
Your Dear Mother

5 comments:

Ranch wife said...

Beautiful job Ranchgirl! Thank you I feel more festive already.

Your Mother

Anonymous said...

You so funny:)
We just realised we have each put on 7 pounds...I have been banned from baking anything....when it gets about a week from Christmas I'll cheat and make a specialty called "stollen" (not the traditional kind)...if I bake them now, TrapperDude will eat it all up! In the past I have had to make three batches before Christmas even got here..and each batch makes 3 big breads!
I managed to get two garlands of pinecones up for decorations..I was so ready for it on Thanksgiving and then it fell flat....eh, do we really need a tree? (yes because daughter and hubby are coming up so all the kids will be here together...first time since last...uh...it's been awhile!)
I would take a little bit of snow though ;)

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

Love the new look!
Have a good time quilting, cookie baking, etc. I long for a day to do just those type of things. It's hard to get in the groove when it's 50-60 degrees out!
Aaahhhh but the cold is here, 13 this a.m. YUK! Oh Well, it is December! Have a Blessed Weekend!!

p.s. the brined turkey sounds delish...then to grill?! YUM for a bird!

Gumbo Lily said...

Ranchgirl did a lovely job of Christmassing up your blog. Your snow is beautiful (the horses in the snow) and we too are experiencing some snow. It's not much just yet, but it's dang cold!! And supposed to get colder for a few days. Zero this morning.

I have very little Christmas up, but I will. I'm in no rush.......yet.

Jody

Rebekah said...

Hehehe! If there's anything I've learned from a quilting mother, a quilting aunt, and several of their quilting friends: if you want munchies, go where the quilts are!! I have yet to see folks get together and quilt without some sort of sweets handy. Oh, and M&M's? I've been told they're the perfect quilters' munchies because they, you know, melt in your hands not in your mouth!

By the way, feel free to send some snow this way -- I'd surely like some! 'Course, these wimpy southern Californians around here would probably get lost and die or something if it snowed. Oh well. Guess I'll have to wait till I move out in your direction!! :)