Thursday, December 10, 2009

Shameless Movie Plug....

Date night. I love date night. And last Saturday night Dh said ,"lets go see that new movie Blind Side." I being the submissive wife that I am ran and showered put on my best pair of jeans, sweater, boots and coat and stood by the door until he was ready to go. You don't have to ask me twice to go out and eat and take in a show.

We bought our tickets then had to make a run out to the feed store...what date would be complete without a trip to the feed store? That's stuff romance is made of the distinct smell of chicken feed and dog food.

We arrived to a full theater and almost didn't have a place to sit...I refuse to sit in the very front, gives me a crick in the neck and makes me all swimmy headed being that close to the screen. But luck would have it that there were 2 seats in the very back in the middle, which meant that we had to disturb various people by almost crawling over them and stepping on their toes...but hey they should have moved their feet.

Anyway I am not going to tell you about this movie...other then the fact that I went in there with this...." oh boy another football movie." But this is way way more then another football movie. This movie is wonderful. It is very convicting and being as it is a true story even more the better. I just loved it and will own it when it comes out on DVD. Sandra Bullock does a wonderful job, as does Tim Macgraw (sp?). We very rarely go to the movies due to the trash that passes for entertainment these days, but this was worth the 50 mile drive in the very cold weather.

And the thing that just tickles me to death is how well it is doing at the box office. It is # 1 this week. It wasn't expected to do much..I am sure due to the "Christian" theme but looks like the people that know it all were wrong... It pushed out the popular totally "un-Christian" dark movie that everybody is clamoring to go and see to # 2. That is awesome to me. It just goes to show that for the most part people do want to see movies that are wholesome and family friendly.

Now that I have gotten that off my chest I must return to my Christmas workshop....I am feeling somewhat elvish these days.

God Bless and Happy Trails
RanchWife

12 comments:

Unknown said...

We drove 40 miles to see it...worth every mile...I'd go again.
Mary

merryyon.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

We drove about 40 miles to see it..would do it again..as it was wonderful...merryyon.blogspot.com

Ranch wife said...

Hey Mary Jahn welcome! Love to meet new people. Thanks for stopping by.

~M~

PS I tried to comment on you blog, which is adorable by the way and was refused by blogger.....I think it hates me! I have more trouble with it..maybe it is my lack of computer skills....

Countrygirl said...

Hey there M-elf!!! We went Sunday and totally agree - what a terrific movie! I loved it and told my honey, we may have to go again.

Unknown said...

I'm sorry for posting twice! I've enjoyed yours as well!

Joshua said...

I can't say I have heard of it. I don't really pay attention to the box office these days. I might have to see it though.

I saw DS #1 the other day at the Cowboy Cafe. I was eyeing his wild rag... Mrs. Elf...

With love,
Joshua

Paula said...

We pawned the twins off on Grandma and went to the late show! I absolutely loved it! There just wasn't anything I could have complained about!

And - My dates include the feed store also!

Blessings~
P.

LeAnna said...

I've heard from several *questionable* sources that this was a good movie, but hearing it from you seals the deal! I value your opinion on such matters, and so I do believe Hubs and I have a date schedule for this weekend to go see it. ;)

Rebekah said...

Hmmm, sounds like a good movie. Think I'll wait till it comes out on DVD though -- wouldn't want to break my record of never going into a movie theater LOL!! :)

cottonpicker said...

A date always includes a trip for feed...anywhoo glad you had fun!!

Anonymous said...

We just watched this in Amarillo yesterday, it was good!

Ranch Wife said...

Hope it's still showing. Date night on Saturday as the kids are going to the 4-H dance. DH is notorious for falling asleep during movies...good ones or bad. Probably ought to go to the early show.