A deep tissue massage...a soak in the hot tub. Some kind of facial treatment followed up by hair re-do, and makeup. A limo picking me up and sweeping me away to a fancy restaurant where my Dh sits awaiting my arrival with roses and....hum I don't like champagne.....maybe just a glass of sweet red wine, and a big honking steak! Afterward s dancing and a suite at a swanky hotel...............
Ha! did I have you thinking that was the way I have been spending my time? Oh HOW I WISH! Santa do you hear....that's what I want for Christmas....please.
A girl can dream.
Instead I an deep in handcrafted gifts that may or may not be ready for Christmas.
Washing clothes..my dryer is being hateful so I am hanging out clothes. I don't mind in the summer..but not so fun in the winter.
Cooking large amounts of food....I have a crew of...I have no idea coming here tomorrow. I just know I have two massive roasts thawing and a huge pot of beans soaking.
Trying not to think that next week is almost here.
Trying to figure out what my DH has been holed up in his Santa workshop working on so diligently for the last few days.....I am not allowed. Hum....
Waiting for the UPS man..where oh where is that fabric?
Thinking about making candy.....just at the thinking stage right now.
Enjoying Christmas music on the radio.
Except the song...All I want for Christmas is a Hippo....yes there is one...I hate it and they play it a least 4 times a day.
Being excited about Tadpoles first Christmas.....what fun loud obnoxious gift Pappy and I are going to buy!
Reminding myself several times a day that all the presents and the busyness is NOT the reason for the season.
Trying to keep the focus on Christ.
Being thankful for the baby born in the manger.
Being thankful for the son of God that died for me and for you.
God Bless and Happy Trails
RanchWife
11 comments:
Can we do a double date.......don't stress too much although I am a poor example of how you are suppose to behave this time of year. My dear hubby threatened to give me good spanking when I got home from town. I didn't think I was beeing THAT bad but apparently....oh well.
A spa day does sounds wonderful right now. I am also in doing a few handicrafts, but I'm not too overwhelmed. I sent 4 boxes in the mail today and so I'm feeling on top of it.....for the most part.
Enjoy the days as they come, Ranchwife. We are so blessed.
Jody
Oh, sister, ya had me going...I was starting to get jealous!
You sure seem to have your hands full....but I am most wanting to see LOTS of pics of Tadpole's first Christmas and that obnoxious toy ya'll are going to buy him...oh paybacks are SO good ;)
Personally, I'd pass on the candy making or there might not be anything left of you on Christmas... then Tadpole might try to wake you up with a wallop on the head with that snazzy toy you got him!!
Make Orange Balls for Christmas candy, you can find it at Northpole.com or look on my blog, very easy, good and quick!
And that, He did! Merry Christmas (soon) and glory to God in the highest!
Joshua
I think a spa day sounds grand. Tell your Momma that you have the perfect idea for a remake of her place. Cottonwood Springs Ranch and Spa, because surely those two can coexist, right? :) Have a wonderful Christmas, and thanks for the hugs.
Oh, and word to the Grandparentals - we take the batteries out of those obnoxious toys when we get home Heh heh heh. ;) We parents are just no fun!
I can hear it now!
LeAnna is right, we will take out the batteries. :)
Talk about obnoxious noisy toys at the CowBelles christmas party one gramma got her granddaughter this cow that sang Joy to the World in moo's... It was the cutest thing ever though lol
Hehe, I love the hippo song!! Your spa day sounds so relaxing, I hope you get at least part of that dream at some point. :)
I'm in agreement with you Ranch Wife---I have a strong aversion to that hippo song and what makes it so frustrating, is that it is a tune that sticks in my head!
It's time to listen to and revel in "The Messiah"!
Joyce
Merry Christmas, M. I has been an absolute blessing to be able to blog with you for two years now. May your Christmas be filled to the brim with joy!
Blessing~
P.
Post a Comment