Friday, November 30, 2007

Busy day ahead. More blogger guilt.

Here I sit. A million things to do, and I am blogging. Not because I really have anything to say. But because I am riddled with guilt. I haven't blogged since.......Wednesday! Oh my! What must you , my few, very few, faithful readers must think! How can I possibly let you down? Well I can't . So even if all I have to say is boring nonsense here goes.

We have Cowboy Church tonight. I should be cooking right now. I am thinking chili beans and corn bread. Not fancy, but it goes along way, and best of all it is easy. I am also thinking about a batch of Cowboy Cookies. A dear fellow blogger friend of mine posted them yesterday. I believe that she lives at the end of a dirt road.....somewhere.

Today is payday. That is always a glorious day. I love payday! I am glad to have a payday. My family loves to eat, and payday is a big thing around here. Taylor grumped his way out the door this morning with only corn flakes under his belt. No cinnamon toast crisp? We are out? This is payday isn't it? Yes dear son, and in mere hours your cereal stash will be replenished. :) Your dear mother will forge her way to the village, facing untold masses of mean angry people, just so you can have...Cinnamon Toast Crunch, or crisp, or whatever the heck it is called.

Tomorrow, if it doesn't rain, or snow, or have bad weather of some kind. We will be trekking off to the mountains to cut our Christmas tree. Jen and John will going as well. John has never taken part in this great event, and he is excited, I think, I hope. He might has well be cause Jen has made up her mind, and that's just the way it will be. Love ya honey. :) :) :) We have had some great adventures in the past. The main problem I have had with my bunch is this.....the tree always looks smaller on the mountain, then it does in the living room. Dh was tree deprived as a small child. God love her, his mom is tighter with money then the bark on one of those trees. So every year she would, grudgingly, buy a tree. The smallest cheapest tree that could be found. A Charley Brown tree. Thus a condition called, tree deprivation, has held my Dh in it grasp for years.I remember our first year of marriage. We went out to the pasture to cut our very own Texas hill cedar. If you don't know what those are, I really don't have the time, or the inclination to explain it. Other then the fact that they are a tree, that looks somewhat like a large bush. They look nothing like a traditional Christmas tree. But they are green, and they do have a nice smell. Anyway we brought this thing home, and we literally had to cut it up to get it in the house. When we did, we discovered that we have more tree than things to put on it. I mean we had only been married a year. Those kinds of things take a few years to come by. Unless you are rich and can just go and spend a lot of money on something like that. Anyway we got it decorated, with our one strand of lights and about 1o other decorations, and there it was. Of course it was our first Christmas together so what the heck.....we thought it was wonderful.
The tree deprivation thing has hung on. Although after the year that we had to push aside the branches to get into our bedroom, it has calmed down just a touch. But at times it still creeps in, and tries to ensnare poor Dh in its creepy roots. Roots, tree, get it. Sorry I didn't get my full 8 hours last night. I am sleep deprived. To make a long story short. We are going to the mountains tomorrow to cut a tree that will more then likely not fit anywhere in our house. And when we do indeed get said tree into the house, it will look like we live in a forest for.....about 26 days. But that is okay. I am not Martha Stewart, and this isn't her house.

God Bless, and Happy Trails
Ranch Wife........going out to sharpen the ax. :) :) :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I asked John if he would like to do that,I'll have you know! ;)

Countrygirl said...

How fun - has the snow melted so there might be a "getting stuck" or "digging out" story? HA!

LeAnna said...

LOL! I have a sink full of dishes and what am I doing?
I gave away my Christmas tree this year. My sweet Grandpa threw away theirs because he thought it sat crooked. Imagine that. He was in fact, wrong, it was a new tree. So, I gave them mine due to us hoping to be moved around Christmas and I will get to decorate nothing...but I'm not bitter. Hope you have a great weekend!
-LeAnna