Tuesday, November 13, 2007

It's a cat's life

Ok here is the scoop. We have 3 cats left out of 7. Not a very good average but.....can't help it. I did learn a lesson though. I will never bring home infant kitties again.

I felt somewhat bad about my,"I hate cats" post. Not really bad but just alittle. I feel like folks may think that we are a heartless and cruel people. Not so and I have the pictures to prove it.



May I introduce Pete, Pete the barn cat. Those of you that are fans of the Hank the Cowdog series of books will know all about Pete. Nathan named this cat, he has wanted to have a cat and name him Pete for ever so long. Well now we have a Pete.



This is Pete's motto.
















Yes life is good for Pete. Pete lives in a box on top of the deep freeze. He is one smart cat. he knows that the obnoxious border collie can't get him if he is up there. He enjoys only the best in economy cat food, served proudly in an old ford hubcap.


But here is the kicker. This afternoon I went out to visit dh in his domain, his lair, his kingdom. He was at the barn.Anyway on his leather cutting table perched proud as a peacock was.....Pete! Pete, could my eyes have been deceiving me! I looked again. It was true, a cat had invaded dh's space. And where was dh? I had to take a picture, this is proof that this incident really happened.




This is a truly astonishing photo! And you, my friends were the first to view it. Here is the question we are all asking....Has my husband, the self-proclaimed "cat hater", moved over to the other side?


Only time will tell......but pictures don't lie

These pictures are untouched. This is real life. Pete is black, so he is hard to see, but yes there he is sitting and purring as Dh works. Look at that smile! Looks like love to me.

God Bless, and Happy Trails

Ranch Wife

4 comments:

Countrygirl said...

Ha! Mr.B likes cats. Just wait til I see him again.

Anonymous said...

Haha! That's funny! I didn't think those cats were that gentle.

Ranch wife said...

Hey countrygirl....I know who you are!!! Had me perplexed for a minute. Good to hear from you. Do you blog, and if so where, I couldn't tell. I don't have much luck running this thing much of the time. Sara gets veryyyyy exasperated with me.

Countrygirl said...

Are u sure you know? Yea I have a blog, /countrygirl-mycountrylife - same place as yours! Check it out!