Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Just waiting on the propane man

Here I sit. Waiting. Waiting for the propane man. Last night I returned home from Bible study, and had a surprise. We had run out of propane. That meant no hot water, and no way to cook. Now this has never happened before. The folks we use are pretty good to come and fill us up every so often..but it has been awhile, 8 months to be exact. Dh told them a year ago the gage was broken, of course they were right on it, yeah right! Anyway so now here I sit waiting for the propane man.

Has anybody noticed or is it just me, service isn't what it used to be. I mean does anybody really care anymore? Don't you just love going into a store and asking for help, provided that you can find anyone to help you, and getting a blank look. I was looking for something in Wal-mart not to awful long ago, asked a girl where I might find it, she shurgged her shoulders, and said, rather, rudely," I don't know," and walked off. Home depot is a favorite. It is a joke. You ask a question, you get, " this is not my department", I always want to say," If its not your department, then why are you here."

Dh's cell phone is a prehistoric cell phone, yes he still uses the bag phone. It is the only thing that he can get service on in part of his country. Well his phone is near the point of death. He is having a hard time accepting this. We took it into the phone store, to have it looked at. A few minutes he came out with a sour look on his face, threw the phone in the seat, and just looked at it. I asked what was the matter. " They can't fix it, and they don't care, the girl even had the gall to ask what it was when I went in. Then they said I needed a new phone, one of those little dinky things, nobody cares. That don't care that I can't get reception, they laughed at my phone!, I think the next time I get my bill I will just take it in there, show it to them and laugh".

I could go on and on about the lack of care, the lack of compassion on us as consumers, but it would be pointless. After all would they read this, and if they did would they care? No, it is not their department.

I guess now I will go build a campfire. It seems that if we want to eat that will be the way we do it, as I am still waiting on the propane man.

God Bless and Happy Trails
Ranch wife

2 comments:

Countrygirl said...

Hey! I am on here too. Check out countrygirl-mycountrylife to see who this is.

Ranch Wife said...

Oh you speak much truth wise one! People seem to think we have nothing to do out here on the ranch and that waiting all day for them to make their appearance poses no problems.

Don't even get me started on customer service in town ~ argh! There are exceptions but they are few and far between and no, Home Depot is not one of them!

Don't expect competence at the admissions office at the college either. Apparently admissions is not their department either!