What a day. Our phone has been out nearly all week. It never just goes totally out, just in spurts. What is soooo irritating about it is that you never know its out. At times it will just quit, no dial tone no nothing. Other times its pick up the phone, wow dial tone, must be working, make call, nothing happens. Other times the phone rings, you go to answer it, nobody there, just silence. Anyway this morning I called the phone repair line. What a joke. We have had this phone for 14 years,but they couldn't talk to me cause I wasn't on the account! Gerrrrr. After one stupid question after the other, they finally transfered me to another person, this one more knowledgeable. She said she would get the ticket turned in and a tech would be out to check everything out. It is now 7:42 pm, don't think he will be coming anytime soon. But the good news is the phone is working.......at least I think it is :).
The day just kept getting better. Dh and I took my Jeep over to Artesia for some kind of recall problem. We took it last evening, with the assurance it would be ready by noon, and they would call. Noon came and went, no call. Finally Dh called back. It would be ready at 5:30 and we could just swing by and pick it up. Dh informed them that we couldn't just swing by, we lived close to an hour away, and were they sure it would be ready at 5:30? Yes it would be ready. We left at 4:30, Dh had just made the comment, " I bet we get over there and it isn't even ready". Sure enough we had no sooner gotten into town, the phone rings," I am sorry Mr. Blackwell, but we don't have the parts, it will be noon tomorrow before we can get it out". What do you do? You go to Wal-mart, buy a few things, like ice-cream to drown your sorrows in, visit with an old friend you haven't seen in a long time, and then go home. Hoping tomorrow will be a better day.
Speaking of tomorrow, we are hosting our Cowboy Fellowship Thanksgiving Dinner, here at our house. It will be fun. We are having Mexican food. OK I know it is Thanksgiving, and I know that you have turkey. But......Dh said if you celebrate a day called Thanksgiving, you should be thankful for the food you have, and he is not thankful for turkey. He thinks fowl, is foul..so therefore, Mexican food. For the big day we will have smoked turkey, he says it kills the taste, and brisket, Beef, its whats for Thanksgiving.
Well I think it is time for a bath, and a little quilting. It is time to unwind, from this exasperating day. :) :) :)
God Bless, and Happy Trails,
Ranch Wife
No comments:
Post a Comment